Chapter Twenty-Two

"Oh, wow, there's a lot more people here than last time," Eddie said as he walked in with Venom, sticking close to his boyfriend.

Venom smiled.

"Wanna go find a booth?" he suggested helpfully. " That way you don't feel so trapped."

"Yeah. Yeah, that would be nice," Eddie agreed.

After getting some drinks, they found a few booths in the back that were secluded and sat down in one.

"So... ." Venom smirked and then stopped. Eddie looked interested.

"So?" he asked.

"Dance floor."

Eddie laughed.

"No, no, you're not suggesting we do that?" he said, shaking his head.

"Why not?" Venom grinned.

"I'm not good at dancing."

"That's quitter's talk," Venom mused, swirling some of his chocolate milk around in his glass. "Anyone can dance. Some are just better than others."

"Yeah, but....we're going to be in front of people."

"So?"

"Well...I don't do well in crowds, remember?"

Venom chuckled.

"Stand up." Eddie tilted his head a little confused. "Come on. Stand up."

Eddie did so as Venom slid out of the booth and stood in front of him.

"We," Venom grinned widely, "are going to dance."

"Wait, Venom—"

"Not on the floor, pal," Venom chuckled, amused. "We can do it right here."

"Oh." Eddie blushed a little. "Uh...I....I don't know what exactly to do."

"It's okay. I'll show you."

Eddie swallowed nervously.

"Uh...so what do we do?" he replied quietly.

"Hear that song?" Venom asked, pointing up at the speakers above them. "We're going to dance to it."

"Uh, it's slow."

"Exactly. Easier for you. When it's over we can sit back down," Venom smiled. " Now, Eddie..." he stretched out a hand, eyes sparkling with mischief, " may I have this dance?"

"Shut up," Eddie muttered with a laugh, but he took that large, black hand and Venom pulled him close, eyes narrowing playfully.

"First, I want you to put your other hand as high as it can go. Act as if you're going to put it on my shoulder. I'm sorry if you can't reach it."

"Haha, very funny," Eddie said. Venom stuck his tongue out at him and then before he knew it, Eddie's left hip was occupied by that other large hand. "Whoa, uh...."

"Eddie, I'm surprised at you," Venom teased. "I've touched you better than this before...."

"C-can you just teach me?" Eddie asked, ears burning.

"Gladly," Venom answered. "Now follow my lead." He paused with a wicked smile. "Not that you need any instruction on that...."

Before Eddie knew it, he and Venom were dancing to the song on the speakers. It was slow and quiet, and soon Venom and Eddie were giggling like high school girls as Venom twirled Eddie around and around, bringing him back in to continue to rock him gently back and forth.