Chapter 13: Again?

Jennie woked up at 3:00 in the morning because of soft whimpers beside her. The kid is still in a deep sleep but she's groaning in discomfort from time to time.

        It is only then that Jennie noticed the sudden change of temperature of Lili's body.

        She put her hand on Lili's forehead to confirm her speculation. Indeed, it was a fever. It would be the second time now.

       "Why so sudden, honey?" Jennie whispered to herself. She stand up to cook some food and medicine so she headed to the kitchen after making sure that Lili won't fall off the bed.

      "Unnie? Why are you cooking in the middle of the night?" a voice asked from the kitchen door.

      "Shocks!" Jennie hissed as she got startled by the sudden voice behind her.

     "Chaeng! Oh gosh, you scared me." the older exclaimed in a small voice.

     "*giggles* Sorry, unnie. Are you hungry?" Rosé apologized as she approached the counter.

     "No, it's not for me. This is for Lili, she's sick again." Jennie answered.

     "Oh for Li-what?! What do you mean that she's sick? How-"

     "Shhh, tone down your voice, Chaeng. We might wake up Jisoo unnie." Jennie cut offed.

    "Sorry again, good thing we still have medicines left, I'll help you." Rosé offered.

     It seems like the members are not that panicky and all worried compared to the first time the kid got sick. Good improvement we can say.

     "I'll take care of it, just accompany Lili in my room and make sure she's all covered." Jennie said instead which Rosé agreed to.

      As soon as Rosé enter Jennie's room, she found the kid sitting while frowning and holding her head with her little hands.

     "Lili?" Rosé confusedly called out as she reached the bed.

      The kid looked towards her unnie.

     "Unniee~~"

      "Yes, sweetie? Tell me where it hurts, I'll kiss the pain away, hmm?" Rosé said in a sweet and gentle approach.

     "It huwts hewe! It huwts!" the kid shouted aggrievedly as she start bawling her eyes out while still holding her head.

     Now, the older started to feel worried when she saw the kid's pitiful eyes.

      "How about massaging it?" Rosé uttered as she softly massaged the back of Lili's head.

      The kid did not answer but let out a satisfied expression. Rosé feel relieved but still worried because the kid is still sobbing.

     "Sweetie, you need to stop crying, okay? It'll hurt more if you keep on crying." Rosé gently convinced.

     On cue, Lili stopped sobbing and buried her face on her unnie's shoulders, whining for a bit when Rosé momentarily stopped massaging her head.

      "Hewe too~" Lili requested while pointing at her temples which Rosé immediately massaged too.

        This is the situation when the oldest entered the room. Jisoo slightly chuckled in Rosé current situation, who is using both of her hands to massage the kid whose eyes are wide open with no plans of going back to sleep.

       "You're laughing at my situation, unnie. So mean~" Rosé pouted which earned another laugh from Jisoo.

      "I was woked up by Lili's cries, I thought something severely bad happened until I saw Jen casually cooking a porridge." Jisoo explained.