Chapter 10: The Bank

S wondered his question for some time before this, but he still wondered about this now.

S turned away from Kira as he put a hand to his chin and began to think. What should he make her do? He wasn't sure at the moment. Now that she's a completely different person than she was before, he could make her do anything he wanted.

"What do you want me to do?" Kira asked from behind S.

Finally getting an idea, he turned around to see that Kira was now standing up.

"I've prepared a room for you here." S said, beckoning Kira to follow him. When she did, he eventually led her to what appeared to be a medium sized room. To the left side was a brown desk, chair, and across from it was a desk. In the middle of the room was a large window. S pointed to her bed, watching as Kira walked into her new room and sat on her new bed.

"I'll tell you later. For now, get some sleep and I'll see you when you wake up."

Without a word, Kira laid down on her new bed and S left her alone.
********
As promised, S came back to Kira the next day. For some reason, she was already sitting up on her bed, appearing to have been staring at the wall in front of her for a few minutes if not hours.

"I've figured out what I want you to do, Kira."

"Tell me." Kira said immediately, her head turning to him as she blinked, her eyes narrowed and looking somewhat dead.

"I want you to rob a bank for me. The one in the middle of town, to be precise."

Without a word, Kira got up, walked towards S, and walked out of the room without looking at him. S couldn't help but smile to himself as he realized Kira was going to serve him perfectly fine.

Oh yes. She would be a powerful asset to him indeed.
********
Kira was currently running toward the city's bank, dressed for a robbery. The only thing she revealed in this outfit was her now dark teal hair and her now golden eyes peeking out though the mask she wore over her eyes. She wore all black, dressed in a black sweatshirt, gloves, jeans, and sneakers.

Over her right shoulder was a black trash bag she had been carrying. As you probably guessed, she would use that for the money she had been planning to take.

Or rather, the money S wanted her to take.

Yeah. That sounds about right.

Running out of the lab, Kira remembered the directions S had given her in order to get to the bank.

Once she found herself in front of the bank, she looked above her at the bank's title, and then began walking inside.

She looked around and noticed the bank seemed almost entirely empty, and with the people who were in bank with her, they weren't paying her any attention.

"This is almost too easy." Kira thought, about to make her way towards the back of the bank that held the bank's fault, all the while making sure no one had been watching her.

And as you probably already guessed, that was just what happened.

Kira finally stood in front of the back door that led to the bank's vault.

Raising her right hand into a fist, she threw it forwards with so much force that the entire door came undone. Kira watched as the metal door flew into the room behind it and fell at the vault's feet.

She stepped into the vault and walked closer to the bank.

Closer.

Closer.

And stopped until she was right in front of the vault.

Raising her right fist, she watched as her fist erupted into fire. Throwing her fist forward, an orange fire engulfed the front of the vault. Kira watched as the fire melted the metal away, the money inside the vault soon showing itself to her.

Kira stepped into the vault and began shoveling money into her trash bag. Her bag was nearly full until someone yelled from behind her.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" The voice said, causing Kira to whip her head in its direction. It was a male who appeared to work at the bank. He had been holding onto a phone.

"STAY THERE!" He yelled. Raising the phone up to towards his chest, he began to punch in some numbers, but Kira knocked the phone away with a fireball.

"Ow!" He cried out, dropping the phone to the ground.

Kira ran out of the vault and crushed the phone with her foot. Keeping her eyes on the bank worker, she made her way to the wall behind her.

Turning around, she raised her free fist and threw it towards the wall, shattering it to pieces and disappearing through the dust it created, running outside and holding the trash bag tightly in her left hand.

Little did she know she had been caught on camera.
********
It was evening time now. Kira had made her way back to the lab. Once she had walked inside, she handed the trash bag to S.

"Here. All the money I was able to gather is in there." She said, watching as S took the trash bag from her hand.

S set the bag on the ground and opened it up, peering into the bag and nodding his head.

"Ah. Excellent. You've done very well for your first day working for me."

"Alright. What do you want me to do next?"

Closing the bag, S stood up and chuckled, patting Kira's shoulder.

"That's it for today. I want you to get a good rest and be ready for tomorrow." He said, placing his arm around Kira's shoulder and guiding her back to her new room.

"What will I do tomorrow?" She asked, looking at him in confusion, but getting a shrug in response.

"I don't know yet, but I'll tell you when I figure it out."

"Okay."

As Kira was dropped back off at her room, she walked inside, sitting down on her bed and turning her head to the window, looking at the evening sky outside. It was a pretty orange and pink. She noticed the scar damage on her right hand and wondered what happened to it, wondering why she noticed it just now.

The light spilled into Kira's room. She turned her head to the ground and saw something glinting on her hand, and finally noticed what was glinting was the wedding ring on her left hand's ring finger.

Confused, she raised her hand towards her face, unable to remember who gave it to her or how she got it.

"How long has this been there for? I didn't notice it 'till now. Who gave it to me?"

She saw a flash of a man with white hair and green eyes in her mind. Confused, she placed her hand to her head and continued to sit there on her bed.

"Who was that? He looks vaguely familiar, but I don't recognize him." Kira thought, squeezing her eyes shut as she hunched over and began rubbing her eyes.

"I don't know who that was. I must be tired. I should go to sleep."

Straightening herself back up, Kira laid down on her bed, closing her eyes and trying to get to sleep as she wondered who that man was that she saw in her thoughts.

If only she could remember.

But she would most likely never know who he was again.

End chapter