Chapter 14: Yuki's Plan

Slowly, Himeko began to gather herself as she got up from the floor, the image she saw earlier not leaving her mind. In fact, she wasn't sure if it could leave her mind now.

"I'm going to tell Yuki about this in the morning. I'll do that first thing when I wake up." Himeko thought, heading to her bedroom.

She got changed for bed and climbed in. She laid down, closing her eyes.

"Can we get you back to normal, Kira?"
********
Yuki's POV
The next morning came and I was watching TV in the living room. As I watched TV, the phone rang, so I got up to answer it.

After another ring, I picked the phone up to my ear and I heard Himeko on the other end.

"Yuki, I have something REALLY important to tell you!" Himeko said, a frantic tone in her voice. This could only mean one thing.

"You found Kira?"

"I did! Last night I took a walk. I don't know why, but I walked into the woods, and when I did that I came across a lab. I walked towards the back of it and saw Kira."

"That's great!"

"No, Yuki....there's one problem. Kira's gone now. Completely."

"There's still hope left. I know it!"

"I really want to believe that, Yuki...but I can't. I'm sorry. I can't believe that after what I saw last night." Himeko said, her pitch softening now. I could sense the sadness in her voice when she said that.

"So what did you see?"

"Kira's hair and eyes changed color right in front of my eyes. She looked like she was in pain."

"Oh...but maybe there's still time left! We just have to get to her quickly."

"Why are you so hopeful?"

"I'm hopeful for the sake of my family and myself. We can't leave Kira to succumb completely to the serum. I'll think of a plan and tell you later. Thanks for telling me, Himeko. Good bye for now."

"Yeah....sure. See you then."

With that said, the both of us ended our call. Then I called Kori and Neon.

"Yuki?" It was Neon.

"Neon, Himeko said she found Kira last night."

"Really?! That's great! How's Kira doing?" Neon said, an excited tone in her voice. This made sense because Kira is Neon's best friend, but I'm not going to like what I had to say next.

"I'm sorry, Neon, but Himeko said she saw Kira change last night."

"Change? Change how?"

"Her hair turned black an her eyes turned red."

"...Oh..." The tone in her voice dropped as I told her that.

"But it might not be too late. This happened recently. We might be able to save Kira if we act on this today."

"I sure hope so."

"Neon, go tell Kori about this. I want you both to meet at my place later."

"Alright. See you later, Yuki."

"You too, Neon."

And just like earlier, the call ended and we hung up.

I began thinking over plans in my mind. I didn't exactly know what I wanted to do, but I knew I wanted Kori and Neon to help me out with it.

After what seemed like thirty minutes, I finally thought of a plan that I thought could work, but I'm not telling you until Neon and Kori come over.
********
As promised, Neon and Kori came over to my house after an hour or so. I had gathered them into the living room to tell them about the plan I thought of. We were all sitting around the coffee table.

"Alright. Here's what we're going to do." I said, laying a piece of paper I had drawn on in front othen. I pointed to the first drawing.

"First, Himeko is going to lead us to the lab where she found Kira at. Once she leads us there, we'll walk inside and find Kira. If we have to fight her, so be it. We just can't kill her." I said to the both of them after I pulled my finger away from the second part of the drawing.

Simple plan, I know. I'm aware that things don't always go according to plan, but I sure hoped this one turned out now I planned it.

"What about Himeko?" Kori asked.

"Huh?"

"Is she going to fight Kira? I know we are, but you didn't say anything about Himeko."

"Oh. I don't know about that either, but I'm sure Himeko will tell us after she guides us there or as she's taking us there."

"And your kids?" Asked Neon.

"Daichi will take care of them."

"He will?"

"Well, I haven't called him yet, but I'm sure he'll stop by to watch them for a bit. He loves hanging out with our kids. Ren can hang out here as well. I don't know how long we'll be out for." I replied, shrugging at her as I then retracted the drawn plan from the table.

"That would be fine. How many times does Daichi come over?" Neon asked.

"Usually he'll come over if something happens to Kira and I at the last second when we don't have a babysitter. He always comes through for us."

"Does he treat the kids well?" Neon asked me, raising a brow as she looked at me. She never liked Daichi from what I can remember, and I never knew why. She probably told Kira why she disliked him, but I don't remember her or Kira telling me why Neon doesn't like him. That explains why she doesn't trust him right now.

And no, it's not because Kira and him broke up. It's something else as far as I know.

"Go over the plan again, Yuki. I want to make sure we'll do this right." Kori said.

"Please do."

I spent around thirty minutes to about an hour telling Kori and Neon about the plan so they would understand it. If they had any questions, I would answer them, and they would listen to me. The cycle repeats.

Once I was finished retelling them about the plan, I looked outside and saw the sun was almost down. When I looked at the time on my phone, I saw it read exactly eight o'clock. 

"I think now is a good time to rescue Kira. Are you guys ready?" I asked them. Neon and Kori looked at me and the both of them nodded.

"Alright. I'll call Himeko and Daichi and tell them what's up." I said, standing up and exiting out of the room.

Standing in the kitchen, I put my phone in my pocket and reached for the house phone. Holding it in my hand now, I put in the numbers that would get me to talk to Himeko. She picked up after the first ring.

"Yuki?"

"Hi, Himeko. We're ready now, but I need to call Daichi now. We'll see you soon."

"Alright. See you in a few minutes."

With that said, the two of us hung up. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my own phone. Pulling up Daichi in my phone number contacts, I pressed the call button and held my phone to my ear. He picked up after the second ring.

"Hey, Yuki. What's up?"

"Good evening, Daichi. Are you able to come over to look after the kids?"

End chapter