Chapter 17: Resolved

Pulling myself away from Kira, her eyes flashed to hazel. With her eyes staying like that for a while, she stared at me. With another scream, I saw her eyes quickly flash from hazel to golden yellow again. When she looked at me again, her eyes were now hazel, and they stayed like that even while she spoke again.

"Y....Yuki....? Is that you?"

I nodded. With a groan, Kira closed her eyes as she rested a hand on her forehead.

"Geez, my head hurts a lot....what happened? Where am I?" She asked, rubbing her head, her eyes still closed.

Neon ran over to Kira and threw her arms around her, hugging her, smiling as she did so. As Kira hugged back, she smiled down at Neon and looked around the room. Neon let her go, and as Kira looked behind her, she noticed Himeko laying behind her in the cracked up floor she was left in.

"MOM?!" She cried out, running over to her and kneeling down.

"Mom, are you okay?! What happened to you?!"

Himeko flinched immediately upon seeing Kira and tried to sit up, but had trouble because of how much damage Kira had done to her during our battle. After managing to lift herself just a little bit out of her little hole and Kira placing a hand on her back, she helped Himeko sit up in a more comfortable position. Himeko relaxed as she was now able to tell that Kira was back to normal.

"I'm a little hurt, but I'll be okay." She said as Kira helped her stand.

"Okay, but what happened?"

"Oh. Right. Well, Kira, you did this to me." Himeko said, looking at Kira now. 

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Yeah. You threw me into that hole."

"I did?"

"Yep. I couldn't fight back."

"Oh....uh...sorry, Mom." Kira said, rubbing the back of her head as she shrugged.

"So are we able to go home now? Is the serum out of you?" Kori asked, walking over to Kira and Himeko.

"Huh?" Kira said, staring at him in confusion as if she didn't understand him, but then quickly looked down at her arm.

"I don't think it is, and I don't know what will happen if I don't get it out. We should get it out as soon as possible." Kira said, looking at him. Then, making her way around Kori, she started walking away.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"You'll see."

I started following behind her, with Himeko, Neon, and Kori in pursuit after me. I followed Kira down the halls of the laboratory. Towards what seemed like the middle of the hall, she turned into a door and we followed her. Once inside, I saw a white chair towards the back of the room.

"This is where it happened." Kira said, pointing to her arm, and then began looking around the room.

"What are you looking for?" Kori asked.

"A syringe. If there are any syringes in this place, I'd assume it would be in this room since this is where I got that stupid serum in me." Kira replied, not looking at us, now pulling open drawers on a desk on the left side of the room.

I started to help her. When I looked through one of the drawers, I saw something in the back of it. As I reached for it and grasped something that had a cylinder shape to it, I pulled it back and looked at it. Sure enough, it was a syringe Kira had been looking for. Probably not the same one, but I found one, at least.

"I found one." I said, turning to Kira as I held it up in my hand.

"We should clean it off first." She responded.