Chapter 2: Experiment

"Kira, you're actually a really nice girl." Yuki said, and I smiled at him.

"Yeah? Actually, huh? You're pretty annoying at times, but you're a good dude." I said as I patted his head.

"Kira, wake up."

"Who said that?" I asked, looking around my bedroom.

"Wakey wakey. Open those eyes. You can do it."

My surroundings quickly began to fade and fly farther from me as everything around me grew louder. As I felt myself being pulled away from all this, my eyes opened.

"Ah, it was a dream. It was when Yuki and I had started to become really close." I thought, looking around the room I was in, my eyes blurry and narrowed as my surroundings slowly came into focus. It didn't help that the room I was in was pure white and had a lot of lights in it.

Blinking to make the blurriness go away, I knew something was containing me; something over my wrists and ankles. When I looked down, I noticed I was sitting in a chair. Light blue handcuffs were strapped over my hands and ankles, keeping them firmly in place. I tried to break free by moving around, but I was powerless.

"Don't fight it. We'll let you go soon." A man said, walking into the room. It was the same man who offered me that deal.

"Nice room." I said, looking around the room again and then at him.

"Don't be cool." He said.

"....I wasn't. Now who're you, and where am I?" I asked. I really needed answers.

"Oh, you don't remember, do you? This is my lab. My name is S."

"S....okay. Got it. Now lemme go."

"We will, but not yet. We have to do something to you first."

"...To me? Like what?" I asked.

S looked to his side and motioned to something with his hand. Two men came into the room. One was holding a syringe with what looked like a dark purple liquid inside it.

"Why's it purple?" I asked, raising a brow as I looked at it.

"Because it's gonna make you evil."

"It's gonna WHAT!?" I yelled, still keeping my eyes on the syringe.

"I said it's gonna turn you evil." S said calmly.

"I know what you said!" I snapped, quickly glancing at him and turning my eyes back to the syringe.

"Why's he so calm all the time? It's almost annoying. Why's he gotta experiment on me, though?"

The men walked towards me. The one holding the syringe put his thumb through the handle and pushed on it, making the liquid squirt out from the syringe, some of it landing on the ground. Leaning to my side in the chair, I looked down and saw the purple liquid on the floor.

Sitting back upright, I tried to turn my right hand around, but I couldn't, and when I tried to activate my pyrokinesis, I couldn't do that either.

"What the!? Where's my fire powers and my super strength?!" I said.

"You really need to chill out. You still have your powers. The handcuffs are just containing them so you can't use them until I release those handcuffs from your wrists." S said.

"Yeah, I'll chill out once I'm outta here."

Yuki popped into my head. What would he do? Say? I'm sure he'd be very worried about me if he learned about this. I can just imagine him running around the house. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was doing that right now.