4

Lisa was late this Monday as well, she usually had tons to do because of the weekend and things left un-done on Fridays. She hated that she had to call Irene for help, especially when they had spent the previous week with Roseanne. But she opened the front door and immediately got annoyed when she saw the kids things all over the floor once again. 

”COME ON?” She swore loudly to herself.

”Well hello to you too” Irene greeted her. ”Moody today?”

”Would it kill you to ask them to get their stuff?” Lisa pointed at the messy floor. ”You want to have a kid but you can’t even - ”

”Stop it” Irene warned her. ”You know they don’t listen to me”

”They are kids, it’s not that hard - you’re the adult here” Lisa knew she was harsh but she had a long day and unfortunately Irene had to take the hit for that.

”Why do you have to be such a jerk?” Irene looked hurt and Lisa took a deep breath, fuck.

”I’m sorry” Lisa relaxed her shoulders and walked closer to her. ”I didn’t mean that” She leaned in for a kiss and Irene met her with soft lips.

”I missed you”

”Missed you too” Lisa mumbled. ”Speaking of…did they get any dinner?”

”Of course” She nodded.

”Thank you, you’re the best…I need to - um” Lisa rushed down to the bottom floor, she was later than usual and Lucy was already sleeping. She tucked her in and leaned in for a forehead kiss - Irene was actually pretty great with them. She felt a bit ashamed for how angry she had greeted her just moments ago but she also felt bad for being so late. 

”You’re awake?” Lisa gently knocked on Levi’s door, he had been on her mind all day.

”Yeah…” His little voice filled her ears and she walked into his room.

”I’m sorry I’m late…” Lisa found him by his desk and decided to sit down on his bed to see him better. ”Homework?”

”Yeah almost done” Levi nodded, he never had any trouble with school and she was grateful for that, she had never been the sharpest student. Always scared she wouldn’t understand his homework and feel stupid for.

”Can we talk for a moment?” Lisa wondered as she wanted to make sure he was comfortable having a conversation now.

”About?” He looked at her curious and closed his notebook.

”I heard you had a fight with your mom today…?” She waited to see his reaction. ”Is that correct?”

”Since when do you talk to her?” Levi scoffed, he was really getting sassy these days.

”We talk about you kids all the time” Lisa was a bit confused by the comment because they did talk to each other a few days in the week at least.

”Whatever you say…” He seemed a bit upset and Lisa swallowed, damn their behavior around their children had started to affect them more than she realized.

”She said you feel like you can’t decide for yourself, is that true?” She didn’t wanna bring Josh up yet, it was a sensitive subject - if he opened up for it she would.

”I always have to follow your schedule, it’s annoying - one week here, one week there. Packing, un-packing…but I don’t complain do I?” He waited for her response and she nodded to make him understand she was listening. ”And when I ask to play some basketball you can’t even let me do that…because you hate each other so much”