10

"Mommie..." It sounded like Lucy had just woken up when Roseanne felt another body in the bed, crawling her way to throw her little arms around her. 

"Sweetie" Roseanne hugged her tightly. "Good morning" 

"You have to wake up...we're all up but not you" Lucy told her. 

"Oh..." Roseanne reached for her phone that was charging next to her, it was half past eight. 

"Come on now" Lucy used both of her hands to try to drag her mom's arm.

"Okay, okay" She sat up, she was still tired though - she did not get much sleep, she was up all night thinking about her conversation with Lisa.

She quickly put on her christmas pajamas she had bought earlier this week and lifted Lucy and carried her downstairs, they were all eating breakfast in the living room - it smelled like christmas down there.

"Good morning!" Clare smiled at her. "There is coffee here for you" 

"Thank you" Roseanne sat down next to her father. 

"Did you sleep alright?" Mason wondered. 

"Yeah" She lied and reached for the cup that her mother placed on the table in front of her.
"Can we open gifts now?" Levi wondered. 

"Not yet" Lisa put an arm around her and Roseanne looked at them, the brunette seemed tired as well - she wondered if she had gotten any sleep. 

"I was wondering if the two of you could drive to the store after breakfast, I need some more stuff for dinner tonight" Clare looked at them. 

"I can do it" Roseanne looked at her. 

"Lisa can help you" Her mother looked at the brunette. 

"I'll watch the kids" She tried. 

"We can watch the kids" Clare stated. 

"Mom" Roseanne looked at her, to make her try to understand that this was not the perfect timing. 

"Kids, do you want grandpa to show you the new swing we got in the backyard?" Clare asked and they looked at her excited. 

"A SWING?" Lucy smiled. 

"Yes, can we grandpa?" Levi jumped of from the cough they were already done with their breakfast. 

"Come on, follow me!" Mason stood up and helped the kids get some warmer clothes, Clare waited until she heard the backdoor close before looking angry at them.

"The two of you need to stop acting so immature" She sighed. "I don't care what's going on now but you can swallow it for one day and be strong for your kids."

"Mom, you don't need to lecture us. We're trying for the kids, Lisa cancelled her plans - do I have to remind you? We're here together" Roseanne didn't wanna fight about this

"It's just grocery shopping, Roseanne can handle it" Lisa tried. "We're trying, all the time...you should've seen us before" 

"Don't tell her" Roseanne looked at Lisa. "You're gonna make it worse" 

"I can't believe that this is what you have become" Clare was upset. "It's...heartbreaking to see" 

"Mom?" Roseanne looked at her, was she gonna cry? "Come on..."

"I'll go with her" Lisa seemed to notice as well and tried to ease the tension. "It's okay" 

"You don't have to" Roseanne told her. 

"Stop" Clare stood up. "You go and when you come back I don't wanna hear any of this bullshit, you're still a family...That's never going to change, if you're together or if you're not together."