8

Lisa was bouncing her leg nervously, she tried to avoid the judging eyes from Dara and breathed slowly. This was a bad idea. 

"You want me to lie to Roseanne?" Dara scoffed. "If you want her to stay you have to grow some balls and tell her yourself" 

"You know that would seem weird" Lisa sighed and drowned her face in her hands rubbing her temples. 

"I can't tell her they need to finish the semester" Dara shook her head. "Even she know's I can't do that" 

"More like an advise?" Lisa tried and looked at Dara. 

"The kids are excited to switch school, get some new friends. They won't fall behind and - I'm sorry - there is nothing I can do to stop this" 

"I know, gosh" Lisa bounced her leg even faster, she wasn't sure what she was trying here. She didn't like the fact that Roseanne moved, that she was living in another town. 

"Why are you trying to stop this Lisa?" Dara looked at her concerned. "You do realize you're gonna have to let her move on eventually. You had her around your finger here and you knew that, every chance of her drifting away you pulled that string and stopped her" 

"That's not true?" Lisa eyed her, that couldn't be true. 

"So the fact that you had to tell her about kids when it's not even settled yet? Or the fact that you don't want anymore kids? That it happened to be around the same time Levi was getting attached to Josh - that was just an coincidence?" Lisa swallowed and looked at Dara carefully. 

"You don't know anything about that I thought she deserved to know" Lisa answered. 

"You wanted to hurt her, they way she hurt you" Dara rested her arms on the desk. "I'm not gonna do this for you, not again" 

"Again?" Lisa wondered. 

"I've done plenty of favors to you since the breakup, I felt bad for what you had gone through - and how you found Roseanne, you had been through a lot" Dara sighed. "I wanted to be there for you and I kept my opinions to myself" 

"Care to share them now?" Lisa knew it was coming already but she also knew that Dara had been extra nice during these past two years. She had made it very easy to avoid Roseanne after the divorce, letting them have separate meetings with her about the kids, planning school events on days Roseanne wasn't in town or vice versa. She had been doing it smoothly and Roseanne never noticed - damn she had been rough on her. 

"I think you should have good look at yourself in the mirror Lisa, asking yourself what really happened. You know deep down that you broke Roseanne's heart before she broke yours, I'm not defending her cheating - but you're not hating her for that, you hate yourself because you drove her to do that. All that hate you hold onto is the frustration of knowing you could have stopped it" 

"You been waiting to say that, haven't you?" Lisa scoffed. 

"All I'm saying is that she suffered enough and I'm not gonna be a part of this anymore. She's was hurting, she's still hurting - how long are you gonna make her feel like that?" 

"She deserves to hurt, just like me" Lisa shook her head. 

"You have to let her go Lisa" Dara shook her head. "She's not yours anymore" 

"I know that?" 

"So why are you still acting like she is?" 

"I don't" Lisa twisted in her seat, she hated being lectured by Dara - she always made her feel things she didn't wanna feel. "I just wanted the kids to stay in this school, that's all"