23

"Wait I don't understand?" Lisa put down her coffee on the kitchen table and looked at Roseanne with confused eyes.

"Please lower your voice" Roseanne was scared the kids were gonna over hear them.

"You got a job in Paris?" Lisa was speaking lower this time.

"Correction, I was offered a collaboration with Linda" Roseanne had been scared to have this conversation but there was no need to push it and with a little help from Dr.Kim she gained some confident to just come forward.

"I mean that's great Roseanne but..." Lisa was a bit speechless. "I don't know what you want me to say"

"I don't know either...I just wanted to let you know" Roseanne sighed and took a sip from her coffee, it was early the day after her session with Kim. The kids were still asleep and she had woken up Lisa early to have this conversation in peace.

"So you're considering it?" She wondered. 

"I'm just looking at my options here...this is truly what I've been dreaming of all my life. It's a once in a life time opportunity" 

"And you know I can't hold you back from that?" Lisa shook her head. "But you also know we probably won't last a long term relationship right now...I mean what about the kids Roseanne?"

"I know, I know...this just happened out of the blue. I had no idea this was waiting around the corner from the New York project"

"So, what are you gonna do?" Lisa seemed a bit annoyed and sad at the same time, Roseanne wasn't surprised - this was killing her too.

"I will talk to them...You know I don't wanna be away from you or the kids, I will see if there are any options or..." Roseanne swallowed. "I will have to decline the offer"

"Fuck..." Lisa knew this was hard for the blonde. "I..." She stood up. "We can talk about this later I should um, wake the kids up"

"Lisa..." Roseanne stood up and walked around the table to stop her. "I know this isn't what you wanna hear right now, especially when it's going so good for us...that's also why I wanted to be honest, you should know what's going on in my life"

"That's not the problem Roseanne, I get that. I am glad that you told me...but I also know that when it comes down to a yes or no question I wont be able to stand in the way. You're gonna think about that for the rest of your life and I'm gonna feel guilty for it forever, you know that too"

"That doesn't have to be true" Roseanne shook her head.

"If I was offered my dream job, would you ever stand in the way for that?" Lisa eyed her with serious brown eyes and Roseanne stuttered.

"I - " She wouldn't, she would never.

"That's what I thought" Lisa walked pass her and rushed downstairs while Roseanne was frozen on the spot.

This was really a situation they didn't need right now.

***

As Roseanne walked into the office that morning she was met with applauses and cheering from her colleges, the news was spreading already. She kindly smiled and thanked them - there was so many mixed feelings about this.

Before anyone asked any questions she quickly walked into her office and closed the door, to her surprise she spotted Pete standing in there with his arms crossed.

"Good morning!" He greeted her. 

"What are you doing in here?" She looked at him confused. 

"I thought we could continue the conversation we had yesterday"