22

Roseanne almost danced around the house, at least that's what it felt like - it had been a hectic few days back but she didn't complain at all. Even if she had spent hours un-packing and lifting heavy boxes she still gladly did the dishes, vacuumed the floor and tried her very best to make the house look tidy.

The kids had been spending the day with some friends and even if they came back home in chaos she cleaned after them like it was the best chore in the world. Their shoes that they still hadn't learned to put to the side she quickly moved, she knew how much Lisa hated that.

Her sudden joy for household chores wasn't fully because she was moving back in - she was on a mission to find something - that she had no idea what Lisa had done with. Cleaning was an excuse to sneak around in the house without being weird.

It felt however, like she had turned this house upside down and still no luck - and she couldn't exactly ask Lisa either.

As the brunette came home from work later that day, Roseanne and the kids had prepared dinner and Lisa looked very thankful for gesture.

"Wow, did you guys help mom?" She smiled at their kids.

"Mama even let me pour all the ingredients in the pan" Lucy said proudly.

"Such a big girl, I guess you're ready for school on Monday?"

"Please don't talk about that" Levi sighed as he started filling his plate.

"We're going shopping for new school supplies on Saturday" Roseanne reminded them.

"Can I get a new backpack?" Lucy was excited at least.

"If you find one that you like" Roseanne shrugged. 

"What's wrong with the old one?" Lisa wondered as she sat down, she took the opportunity to strike Roseanne's back as a sort of hello.

"It's ugly" 

"You loved it just weeks ago?" 

"That was weeks ago" Lucy told her. "Now I want a new one" 

"God, she's absolutely your daughter" Lisa chuckled at Roseanne. 

"The stubbornness comes from you" She winked back. "How was work?"

"Stressful...A long vacation was nice but it's been hell getting back to the office" 

"I'm not to excited about going back either" 

"At least you got a few days to settle in" Lisa tried the food. "It's delicious guys" 

"Yeah..." Roseanne agreed. "Thank you for the help!" She smiled at her kids before she turned to Lisa again. "I'm so nervous...I have a meeting next week with Pete Carter, he was in charge of the New York project"

"Everybody loved it" Lisa calmed her. 

"I haven't seen him make a facial expression ever...that dude scares me a little" 

"Oh, come on!" Lisa looked at her. "You did great babe and you're proud of it, don't let his opinion matter that much to you"

"Yeah, you're probably right" Roseanne took another bite, she was just anxious to know what he thought and nervous about what he had to say.

This weekend was gonna be long.

***

It was Monday and unfortunately they had overslept this morning, they weren't late but everything had been rushed. Not really what Lisa had planned, she still hadn't bounced back to her routines after the vacation.