25

Roseanne walked over the hectic people at the airport as she was waiting for her takeout coffee, it was never too cold for iced coffee in her world. She was also in need for some caffeine, the flight back home had been horrible and she hadn't been able to sleep at all.

It was 11 in the morning and the ride back home to the city would take around an hour so she wanted to surprise Lisa and have some lunch with her, she was honestly tired and hungry and ready for bed but she needed to stay awake now.

She was starting to realize that jet lagged wasn't really her thing anymore, she felt awful without sleep but she wanted to get back to rhythm as soon as possible.

"Roseanne?" The barista called out her name and she smiled at her.

"Thank you!" 

"Have a nice day!" 

"You too!" Roseanne grabbed the coffee and immediately took a sip, absolutely delicious - it made her smile for herself as she walked towards the exit.

At least it was a sunny day, it warmed her up a little bit. She studied the parking lot for a while trying to remember were she parked the car. She had it in her notes in her phone in case of but she wanted to try her best to remember.

One time her and Lisa went for a holiday before the kids were born, Roseanne had parked the car and when they got back she couldn't remember. Lisa had been annoyed with her as they had to walk through the entire parking lot to find it.

Roseanne had took the opportunity to be silly about it and eventually Lisa started to laugh at the situation and they actually had a good time searching for it. However, she had reminded herself to always write it down and now it was an habit.

By the huge exit sign, that's right - she wanted to be close to the exit road that lead her home. That's were she parked, she grabbed her suitcase and felt pleased about herself as she walked towards her car.

She could feel this was gonna be a long day though.

***

The ride back to the city was quicker than she expected and she was parked outside of Lisa's office waiting for the brunette to walk out the huge entrance. She knew Lisa loved the little cafe that was next door, there is where she usually ate.

After fifteen minutes of struggling to not close her eyes Roseanne spotted Lisa, she was indeed on her way to the cafe and Roseanne quickly got out of the car.

She rushed a little to cross the street, she opened the door to the cafe and she was glad it wasn't crowded in there because she found Lisa immediately. She slowly walked over before she put her hands to cover Lisa's eyes.

"What the?" The brunette got a bit surprised of course. "Who's this?" Roseanne remained quiet to drag it out a little bit. "Kristen, is that you?" Lisa sounded uncomfortable and Roseanne let go of her grip.

"Kristen?" She questioned her. 

"Roseanne?" Lisa turned around excited and brought the blonde into a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"Who's Kristen?" Roseanne hugged Lisa back but felt confused.

"I had no idea who it was, she's my new college. Who knows, she might be a weirdo"

"Oh" Roseanne bit her lip.

"I thought you were coming back later, are you hungry?" Roseanne nodded. "Hey, can I have one more of that salad I just ordered?" Lisa looked at the waitress who gave her a thumbs up. "I missed you!" She looked back at Roseanne.