14

The last weeks of the semester went by quick, Roseanne was preparing for her leave to New York city and had actually managed to get Jones to come with her. He was her greatest role model in this industry and him being there would make her feel at ease.

It was nice to have the day off, it was Thursday and it was the last day of school for Levi and Lucy. They had spent the last two weeks with Lisa considering they would fly to New York on Saturday already.

She was eager and excited about this, this would be great for her career, for her kids and for herself. The city was just a plus, she loved it there and it had been a while since she walked the busy streets in Time Square. It was gonna be amazing.

Lisa and Roseanne had taken the kids to the mall together to buy new outfits for their big day, especially for Lucy - she had finished her first year in pre-school and Roseanne couldn't be more proud of her. She had herself picked out a white dress with light blue details and Roseanne just knew she was gonna look adorable. She hadn't been able to stop herself from suggesting Levi to buy a shirt in the same blue color, the photos would look absolutely fantastic.

They were gonna meet at the parking lot, she was already there - waiting for them to pull up and she reflected how the school year started. She was here with Josh, they had met over the summer and Roseanne remembered that she was feeling confident bringing him here - mostly because she wanted to make a point - she had moved on too.

That hadn't been the case obviously and now she was waiting for her ex-wife that she couldn't keep her hands off. It was weird, they weren't together but once they got alone they got closer - like gravity controlling them.

Lisa had been here with Irene last year, they had been driving the kids here and she had remembered feeling absolutely shattered seeing them walk up here like a family. In her mind it wasn't right, the woman she had worried about was now living in her house.

Roseanne shrugged, nothing about this made sense to her - but she had started to realize that she wasn't the only wrong one in this break-up. She had begged for forgiveness and apologized since it happened but Lisa still hadn't shown any form of remorse.

This distance would be good for her, taking some time to think and focus on herself like she planned months ago when she moved. Roseanne remembered how good it had felt, being able to breath for the first time in years. Distancing herself from Lisa and the heaviness around them - she craved that feeling again.

Lisa was an emotional rollercoaster and she had been like that since the divorce, it was hard to keep up and it was hard to constantly please her feelings. Roseanne was broken too but she had spent all her energy on her ex, nothing she regretted though - it was just time to something for her.

"Mommie!" Lucy's voice woke her from her thought and she spotted blonde hair and the beautiful dress she recognized. Levi was walking after her and she noticed how grown he looked, time really flew and he was starting to grow into a very handsome boy. 

"You guys look so great!" Roseanne smiled at them and waved at Lisa who was shortly behind them, she was wearing a green dress, tighter but lose on the right spots - she looked great. 

"You look great too" Levi smiled at her and Roseanne kissed his cheek. 

"You're gonna be a heartbreaker you know that right" She smiled. 

"Can I go see my friends?" Lucy looked at them with big eyes, she knew she wasn't gonna see most of them during the summer. 

"Yes sweetie" Lisa nodded. "You too" She smiled at Levi and they rushed off excited, the atmosphere was happy at the school, the kids were ready for a summer break.