5

Two years ago

Roseanne kissed her daughter goodnight before turning off the lights, she walked over to Levi's room and did the same to him. They where already asleep, tired from a day at the amusement park. She honestly wanted to distract them, pretend everything was alright - give Lisa some space. It also felt like they had a good day, it had been a day filled with laughter and smiles.

"You're not saying goodnight to them?" Roseanne got up to their bedroom, Lisa was laying in the dark.

"I said goodnight when they ran downstairs"

"I'm fine with you shutting me out but can't you at least try for them? We missed you today"

"I'm trying" Lisa mumbled.

"I've been thinking..." Roseanne laid down next to her, she was scared of touching her wife these days. "Maybe you should go see someone?"

"Can we just sleep?" Lisa turned around and looked at her.

"What have you been doing today?"

"Please?"

"Fine..." Roseanne fought the tears in her eyes, she missed her wife - damn she missed her.

Two years later

Lisa noticed her kids where unusual quiet as they drove home from school Monday afternoon, she had been eager to see them after their week with Roseanne and they where usually where chatty when she picked them up.

"Did something happen at school today?" She asked them a bit worried.

"No" Levi shook his head.

"So you had a good day?" She tried again.

"The teacher said I'm doing great in math" Lucy informed her with a proudly smirk.

"That's awesome sweetie, so why the sad faces?" She wondered. "Did something happen during your week with mom?"

"No" Levi was looking out the window and she could tell something was wrong.

"Lucy?" Her daughter couldn't lie.

"Josh doesn't live with us anymore" Lucy pouted.

"Lucy?!" Levi hushed her.

"Is that a secret?" Lisa wondered what happened there but she was currently worried why her kids where feeling down.

"No but..." Levi sighed.

"Levi thinks mommie is gonna be sad again" Lucy was honest once again.

"You're worried about mom?" Lisa didn't wanna take her eyes from the road.

"She bought us a lot of new stuff...she did that the last time she was sad too" He told her.

"Maybe she just wanted you guys to be happy...are you sad Josh is not living there anymore?"

"Irene is watering flowers" Lucy looked outside the window as they reached their street and Lisa parked outside their house.

"Go help her baby, I need to talk to your brother a little bit" Lisa waited for her daughter to rush out from the car, she was always worried she was gonna fall and break her teeth one day.

"I liked him" Levi looked at his mom, it's been a while since they had serious conversation but she felt like it was time for that now.

"I know darling...Your mom actually told me about your friends and what they said about us, do you wanna talk about that?"