11

Roseanne had booked an appointment with her old gynecologist as soon as possible, she wanted to be 100% sure and she also felt comfortable there. Josh and her did use a condom but they aren't always protective...and Dara probably didn't mean it like that but Roseanne had to know. She was more calm now, it probably just scared her - but Lucy asking so many questions bothered her - she wasn't sure how to reply.

Her daughter was sick and it was Lisa's week with the kids, however - the brunette had called and asked for her help once the school called, she had an important meeting and Roseanne already had the afternoon off.

"So you're not sick mommie?" Lucy grabbed her hand once Roseanne was done. 

"No sweetie" She smiled at her. 

"What if you got sick from me?" She continued as they walked to the car.

"I promise you, I am not sick...and it's time for you to get to bed, so you can get better" Lucy was having a fever. "Let's drive you to mom, she's home now" 

"You promise?" Lucy pushed it and Roseanne tried again to assure her that there wasn't anything wrong with her.

The ride only took ten minutes and she spotted Lisa's car parked outside, she lifted Lucy from her seat - she was warm and looked tired.

"My baby, how are you feeling?" She wondered as they walked to the front door. 

"My head hurts" She pouted.

"I'm sorry...I'm sure mom has some medicine at home" Roseanne knocked on the door and it didn't take long until Lisa opened it. 

"Hi baby" Lisa looked at Lucy. "How are you?"

"She has a fever" Roseanne informed her. "It doesn't seem too bad though" 

"Come here...Come here" Lisa reached out for their daughter and Roseanne helped Lucy get to Lisa instead. "Thank you for picking her up" She looked at Roseanne. "That was really nice of you"

"No problem...I wasn't in the office so" 

"Mom went to the hospital" Lucy looked at Lisa and her ex studied her confused.

"The hospital?" She asked. 

"It wasn't the hospital sweetie, I told you. I'm not sick" 

"But the nurse said she would call later with the results?" Lucy was confused and Roseanne swore in her head, damn it. She also mixed the wordings. 

"Results, what's going on here?" Lisa looked at Roseanne worried.

"I was at the gynecologist. Nothing to worry about" 

"The results?" Lisa opened her eyes a bit more....like she was slowly understanding.

"Are we done here?" Roseanne cleared her throat. "I need to work from home so I should get going" 

"A pregnancy test?" Lisa was eager to know, did she...did she look hurt by it

"God Lisa" Roseanne eyed Lucy, to make her understand not to talk about this now. "No...I'm not pregnant" She shook her head. 

"What results then?" 

"God, she was looking at my eggs...to make sure everything was fine. You've been to plenty appointments as well, how is this a surprise to you" 

"Lucy baby, can you go down to your room? Straight to bed" Lisa put her down and she didn't seem to argue, she was tired. "I will be there in a second, okay?" 

"Okay mom" Lucy nodded and walked away.

"Are you back together with Josh?" 

"No" Roseanne shook her head. "Why are pushing this?"