29

Tabi casually roamed on the streets, floating hands inside his pocket as he tried his best to nuzzle himself inside his hoodie. After the incident near the restaurant, he felt very conflicted. The explosion was very much not planned for it to casually tear down the entire restaurant itself.

Adding on, the hybrid. He didn't know why he felt bad. He got some entail, helped them with their wing and tried to move on his days after they finally left.

Yet the guilt didn't die down.

He huffed, nuzzling himself further before stopping in his track, immediately turning around only to stiffen a little at the presence of the person he was thinking just a second ago. Both stood at a respectful distance, (Y/n) analyzing the goat man, nodded. And waved. "How do you be?" They questioned, tilting their head to the side. Tabi's shoulders jumped, not expecting for them to casually ask how he was feeling. Shouldn't they be mad? Either way, it looked like their wing was doing fine.

"..Good."
"I see." They hummed, quietly continuing to scrutunize them before finally nodding, giving a short wave at his form only to turn around to get ready to leave. Tabi motionlessly stood there, the situation being processed inside his mind until he abruptly caught their wrist with his bone hand. Eyes 'widening', he was quick to retreat, not letting them have a chance to ask what had led him to act upon instincts.

"If you think I'm bothered by what happened at the restaurant, you musn't. I don't really care either way." His shoulders stiffened yet again, his head craning backwards to see what kind of expression they adorned. It was neutral, like how it usually was.

"I don't think you even planned to blow everything up. Might be wrong."

Tabi only felt himself grow even more nervous. How long had they been watching him to know exactly what he was thinking? Questioning how they knew, (y/n) looked to the side. "I was following you for a bit, apologies."

Ah. So he wasn't wrong.

...

"Why aren't you mad about your..wings?"
"They were bound to break would they not?" They quietly chuckled, the skull man merely deflating on his spot. They were acting much more different than he expected..no, it was very different.

"What is wrong? You're not.."
Silence, (y/n) continued looking to the side, the small smile on their face dissapearing in a instant. Tabi almost felt himself puddle down to the ground, the view he was saying was cheesily admirable. The soft hue of the sun and the wind adding some effects.

It looked magestic.

But.

Their eyes was very hollow.

"I plan on taking off soon."

Time froze.
Pardon?

"What?"
"I've seen enough. I've learned why those two always get in trouble, why they're famous. I've learned a lot about emotions as well."

"But—"
"Addition to that, I feel something wrong in this place. I don't think I can manage to hide myself any longer" why the hybrid was telling this to a man who they barely interacted other than that investigation was beyond them. But something felt amiss here now. Everything seemed to change after they went to Selevers whereabouts.

The emotion lurking around the world no longer made them at ease.

And the people now felt suffocating.

They've seen some signs.
Those weren't good.

"Are you just gonna leave everyone behind?! What about the built up friendship you made?!"

..

"As an escapee, attachment doesn't exist."

"Once i'm out of this world, I might even forget that i came here."