I - Far Far Away

Narrator POV

Yellow watched the small hybrid from her position near the large human structure called a "lighthouse".

It frolicked and bounded about like a creature without any worries or woes. It was almost entrancing watching it. However Yellow knew she mustn't be lured by the idea of letting the hybrid stay here and simply allow herself to watch him for ages.

No, she had a mission. Her mission was to capture this hybrid, as he was incredibly important. As revealed to her and Blue by a pleading Padparadascha, this human hybrid was the son of Pink, and held her gem. Though as both Yellow's studies and the Padparadascha's warnings had revealed, this hybrid, this "Steven" was not very much like Pink.

This "Steven", by all accounts, was actually just a naive little creature. He was incredibly doting, to a fault almost. He seemed to give off a powerful aura of caring energy.

Yellow remembered what White had told her upon relaying this information to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator POV - Flashback

"Sunlight, be careful with Steven. He has the potential to become the most powerfully loving being in the galaxy. His affection is a power source that is untapped, let alone his potential diamond abilities. He is a unique being that must be treated with care and love, I will not allow him to end up like Pink. You will train him for years and then he will be handed off to Blue for training. Finally he will be handed off to me for the final leg of his training.

Now despite my seemingly calculated plan Yellow, I am unsure as to how he will handle this all, so I must advise that you get to know him before thrusting training upon him.

I will not allow him to grow resentful of us because we were too overbearing and didn't allow him to grow as an individual during his training.

How do you feel about all this plan Yellow?" White speaks.

"I do believe it is a sound plan , and I can't wait to meet our future charge and fellow diamond" Yellow speaks.

"Oh I do hope he enjoys life on Homeworld, or at the very least enjoys our company" Blue chimes in. The other diamonds nod in response.

"Indeed" White returns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator POV

Yellow smiles to herself as she deliberately reveals herself to Steven, poking her head out and drawing the attention of the curious little hybrid.

"Wow, you're really big" Steven says in amazement.

"Indeed little one, as I am a diamond" Yellow responds proudly, holding her head high.

"Wow, I wish I was a diamond like you. Then I'd be able to help people a lot, maybe I wouldn't be able to anyway though since I haven't even figured out my powers with my own gem" Steven says in a somber tone.

"Ah that is where you are wrong little one, you are a diamond" Yellow speaks in a confident tone of voice.

"I am" Steven asks, somewhere between befuddled and amazed.

"Why yes little one, you are the son of the Pink Diamond which makes you a diamond since you have her gem" Yellow explains.

"Wow" Steven exclaims.

"Wow indeed Steven, infact this is why I'm here, I'm here to take you to the gem homeworld and train you to use your powers" Yellow speaks as she lowers a hand for Steven to climb upon.

Steven looks up at her and then behind him before looking back at Yellow with a determined expression.

He clamber upon her gloved hand before giving the Homeworld ruler a hug on one of her fingers.

"Thank you" Steven spoke as Yellow stood up and walked towards her ship.

Yellow felt pride in the accomplishment of her mission, as well as the thrill of having a new challenge, and the wonderful feeling of having someone genuinely enjoy her presence. As she entered her ship with her prize she ignored the large fusion chasing after her and simply closed the door and sat in her pilot's seat. A short few moments later the engines fired up and the ship tool flight towards Homeworld.

==================================