V - Only Human

Narrator POV - Eleven Months Later

Steven had lost count of the amount of beatings and lashes he had taken. Luckily, or perhaps the opposite, for him his healing factor kept him alive and left little evidence of his torture besides moderate length scars across his chest and limbs.

His prosthetic had long since short circuited, preventing him from using it for anything besides simply moving it.

He remained defiant however, fighting and struggling against the torture and attempted indoctrination into the ranks of the rebels.

Though he was getting desperate, more so than he had ever been. He needed help, and quite frankly he didn't care who it was from.

Thats when an idea popped into Steven's mind. He could theoretically send out a neutral distress signal if he could only get his prosthetic's communicator to work. It'd need a very strong burst of electricity, and Steven knew just had to get it.

The next time his torture was attempted he only shouted "more you pathetic clods, do you want to hurt me or just tickle me?". This of course got him his desired results.

Steven gritted his teeth and released a primal yell as the surge of electricity ran through him. Luckily, his plan worked and he managed to send off a beacon requesting help on all channels. On a Crystal Gem channel, he would appear as a Crystal Gem, and vice versa for Diamond Empire channels.

He only hoped it would reach someone.

Steven slumped as a result of the torturous electricity surging through him.

"Electricity isn't working by itself. We need to stoop to something, more.....primitive" the fusion torturer spoke as she drew a blade from a rack on the wall.

Steven's vision faded as he caught a glimpse of himself in the shining blade. He was caked with blood, slick with sweat, and covered in scars across his chest and arms.

Steven simply let himself fall to the void of unconsciousness as the more "primitive" torture began.

==================================

Narrator POV - Crystal Gems - Two Months Later

Amethyst, Pearl, and Garnet headed towards the strange distress signal. It was on a planet not too far from Earth, and with a little trial and error Pearl managed to craft a hardy spacefaring vessel.

It was missing luxury, but it had all the bells and whistles of an Era 1 cruiser.

"Who'd you think it is" Amethyst asked, getting only a shrug from Pearl.

"Can you see anything G" Amethyst once again asked, this time asking Garnet directly.

"No, something is clouding my vision. We're going in blind" Garnet spoke stoically.

"I don't like this" Amethyst spoke as they boarded the makeshift spaceship.

=================================

Narrator POV - Steven - Two Weeks Later

Steven woke up as his captors splashed frigid water all over his body. Not only would this make his electroshock torture more effective, it would also make him more vulnerable to the elements.

"Wake up pretty boy" the fusion, who he had still not learned the name of, spat before punching him in the jaw.

The fusion was getting creative in her torture. She would do...unmentionable things to Steven's body as he was helpless to stop it.

"Aw what's the matter pretty boy, finally accepted your place as my pet?" the fusion taunted.

Steven was yanked by his hair upwards as he was forced to look the fusion on her eyes.

Steven's unnaturally, almost deathly stare bore into the fusion. His fire was still churning, an impressive feat. He had been tortured for nearly twenty hours a day for well over a year.

As Steven's stare intensified he recognized the unwilling fusion partner falter a bit. Whoever the unwilling partner was, they were certainly none-too happy with the constant torture and....well....the defiling of Steven.

Still, Steven's fire was raging fiercely within his muscles. Given the chance Steven was almost certain to break his cardinal rule, no shatterings. All it would take was a simple distraction and he would be good as freed.

Steven was rocked by another powerful right hook as the fusion put a seductive hand on his chest.

Steven's wish for a distraction came true at just that moment, with a trio of random gems dropping infront of him. He felt as though they were familiar, but he just couldn't place it.

His captors looked away for a brief second, focusing on the Gems infront of him.

Steven gathered all his rage and busts through his restraints, his veins ablaze with pure diamond energy. His gear, mask, cape, and all the other bells and whistles of his uniform phased back on as he regained his strength.

"Stay out of my way" Steven shouted to the Gems that dropped infront of him. They happily complied as Steven entered a skirmish with his captors.

The fusion rushed him and was quickly hit with a superkick to the jaw followed up by a powerful suplex. He wasn't done with her, but for now he had other gems to put in their place.

A few Quartzes of various facets and gem types rushed him, only for him to shrink down and beat them all soundly individually. His strikes were powerful beyond belief, most punches going through the gem they were aimed at.

Steven grew back to his full height as he dealt with the leader of the group, a small peridot with her gem where her mouth would be.

Said Peridot was piloting a ramshackle mech the size of Steven, give or take a few inches.

Steven weaves through energy blaster fire and a few punches before shattering the mech's canopy with a singular headbutt. He follows this up by ripping the mech's left arm off and using the energy blaster on it to blast the right leg off.

The peridot scrambles to attack with the mech's right arm, only for an enraged Steven to grab it and wrap it around the mech before planting a powerful kick to the knee of the left leg, severing it and the right arm with one swift motion.

The peridot visually panicked as Steven approached the mess of a mech. He punctured the chassis of the mech and lifted it off the ground with his right hand, whilst grabbing the beaten fusion from earlier with his left.

He rips the peridot out of the mech's ruined chassis before leaving the fusion on it's knees before him. Steven swings the peridot directly into the fusions face, proofing her and separating the fusion. A few Quartzes of various shapes and colors rush him, whilst a single Holly Blue Agate remains and offers a pleading look. Steven knew the Agate was the unwilling participant, so she was safe.

As Steven finished up the rest of the Shattered Glass Contingency, save the agate, he hears someone shout his name. Not his homeworld name either, which is what he was expecting as few knew his name. Whoever shouted his name knew his human name.

Steven looked over to see the Gems from earlier shouting for him and rushing towards him with outstretched arms. They lock him in a surprise hug as he recounts them being oddly familiar. That's when it all snaps into place in his mind.

==================================