XVI - True Gold

Narrator POV

Steven sat at his desk, checking holo-pads and sipping on a deep brown drink in a large mug. His left hand ran through his hair as some smooth jazz played throughout his small office.

He was really trying to avoid the voices in his head that told him to hurt himself, to simply give up and find a nice dark place to curl up and die. It was hard most days, images of his torture and what was done to him preventing him from sleeping well.

Other images also haunted him, pained reflections of those he's lost. Each one of them a burden on his very soul as he feels he should've been able to save them, no matter the cost.

Steven takes another swig of his drink as the door to his office opens, revealing none other thana shrunken down Yellow Diamond.

"Steven, are you alright" Yellow asks as Steven continues working.

"No entirely, but there's work to be done so it doesn't really matter" Steven responds, before drinking more of his beverage.

"Steven that's not true. It does matter, I'm worried about your mental health. Both Blue and the fusion Opal have seen scars from what appear to be self inflicted slashes all over your body Steven. Please don't lie, I want to help you" Yellow speaks softly as she approaches Steven, noticing the warm aroma of the drink he was sipping on.

Steven sighs as he puts his work down and takes another drink.

"Alright you win. I'll tell you, you might want to take a seat though" Steven speaks, swiveling around in his chair and grabbing another mug. He quickly fills it with the same liquid that currently filled his mug and hands it to Yellow.

"It's coffee trust me, you'll like it" Steven explains as Yellow takes the drink and sits down. One of her legs rest ontop of the other as she holds the mug with one hand.

"So remember my report about what happened to me when I was missing" Steven begins. Yellow nods in affirmation as she takes a sip of the drink Steven gave her, finding it quite pleasant.

"I made it seem better than it was to avoid worrying you guys. Didn't seem to work but it was definitely sugar coated" Steven explains.

"Everyday I was shocked on a minute interval with enough voltage to fry a Peridot's limb enhancers. Twenty hours a day for thirteen months that was part of my life, not to mention what else I had to deal with. I was beaten till everything was broken and I once I healed it happened all over again. Every other day was a whipping and then...and then one of the members had her way with me. It haunts me you know, every night when I sleep I relive it" Steven continues, watching as Yellow goes from worried to flat out steaming, with a backdrop of terribly concerned.

"That's not even all though" Steven says as he lets out a slight sarcastic chuckle.

"Every gem that's been in the expeditionary force and never made it home...I see them at night when I close my eyes. Stars sometimes I see them when I space out for too long. It's just....I should've stayed them! It's my fault they aren't here" Steven exclaimed as he smashed a hand down onto his desk, sending a spiderweb crack throughout the entire top slab.

Steven shakes his hand as a bruise slowly forms on the underside of it.

"I just...I need an escape from it all, or maybe I need to find a way to simply deal with it and move on. I don't know, sorry to worry you" Steven speaks as he gets back to working.

His eyes widen as Yellow swipes the holo-pad off his desk.

"Steven...I can't say I know what it's like to be human and experience that, but what I can say I know is that I love you. White loves you, she's even gone as far as to plan the perfect day for you two. I think she's trying too hard but-" Yellow speaks before cutting herself as a massive blush streaks across her face.

Steven also bears one, but sits back as Yellow clears her throat to continue.

"My point stands, every member of your entourage loves you with their gems Steven. I've seen it, the way they look at you and follow you. They care about you, and so do us Diamonds. You are the light to our Universes. So please just...just talk to us" Yellow speaks, her blush returning with a vengeance.

Steven blushes profusely as he feels tears prick at the corners of his eyes.

Yellow looks to the side briefly before looking back at Steven, his lips looking oh so perfect at the moment.

Yellow takes the opportunity and ensnares Steven in a hungry, desperate kiss. Her lips mashing against his as she leans over the desk, her loins warming. She feels his excitement against her leg as she breaks the kiss away temporarily to flash him a naughty smile and phase out of her clothes.

=============================================