XIV - Beach Summer Fun Buddy

Narrator POV

Steven let out a satisfied sigh as he stepped foot on the beach. His boots making large footfalls as he walked over to the shoreline and sat down.

He stared at the horizon for awhile, simply taking in the sights and sounds of the world around him. The cool ocean breeze an almost alien feeling, sure he'd been to planets that had oceans but Earth...Earth was different. The familiarity and pride in knowing he was from the beautiful blue marble made the mere thought of relaxing more attractive.

Steven smiled as he finally reached for his satchel and pulled out the strange mirror he'd found. He briefly remembers Blue Pearl teaching him about mirrors from before the war that could replay events in history.

"You wouldn't happen to be a memory mirror would you" Steven speaks. A strange sight to be sure, considering he was essentially talking to himself.

"Ah what am I doing taking to a mirror, it's not gonna respond and I'll just look crazy" Steven dismisses before sitting the mirror on his lap.

"You..not..crazy..mirror..talk" Steven's voice mimicked from the mirror.

Steven immediately looks down at the mirror, his eyes wide.

"Woah, you can talk! That's pretty unique, I've never had a mirror talk to me. Say you're pretty cool" Steven compliments.

"You...cool...too" the mirror responds.

"Eh, I don't much think so but I've been told that a lot, I do appreciate the compliment though" Steven responds.

"Wish I had a buddy to enjoy the beach this summer, it'd probably be real fun" Steven sighs.

"Me...Beach...Summer... Fun...Buddy" the mirror asks in a questioning tone.

"Sure, don't know if you could do much as a mirror though" Steven laughs.

"Me...not...mirror" the mirror responds.

Steven looks at the mirror as it projects a small image of the back of the mirror, with Steven pulling the gem in the back out.

Steven nods as he turns the mirror around and finds a cracked Lazuli Gem. He pulls the gem out and intends to repair it, however he is unable to do much before the gem reforms.

"Oh, you're a Lapis Lazuli. I haven't seen one of you guys in years" Steven exclaims.

The gem doesn't respond, instead looking up at him with static-like eyes.

"Oh right your gem's cracked, here let me heal it" Steven speaks.

Lapis nods before turning around, revealing the gem in her upper back.

Steven, who was currently sitting, simply leans over and gives the gem a smooch. This was merely because it was more convenient for him as he was currently resting on his hands.

The gem glows as the crack heals, and the Lazuli turns around.

"Thank you,...Beach Summer Fun Buddy" Lapis yells as she hugs him. Her eyes now normal. However her pupils turn to the size of the tip of a needle as she sees his all pink diamond insignia on the collar of his uniform.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry" Lapis speaks.

"For what" Steven responds in a curious tone.

"I'm merely a lowly Lazuli and I just hugged a member of the Royal Quartzes" Lazuli speaks.

"Not quite Lapis, my name's Steven Universe and I am the hybrid son of, and current Pink Diamond. So in other terms hug away" Steven explains.

Lapis looks at him with a curious gaze before finally speaking again.

"What's happened since I was trapped" she whispers, Steven however hears her.

"A lot Lapis, but I'd be glad to explain the last twenty odd years to my Beach Summer Fun Buddy" Steven offers, patting a spot next to him for Lapis to sit. She graciously accepts the offer.

=============================================
Narrator POV - Ten Hours Later

"Wow, that's a lot to take in" Lapis speaks as Steven finishes his story.

Steven nods before standing up.

"Yeah...yeah it really is. Anyway I'd like to extend an offer for you to be my court's official Lapis Lazuli. You don't have to take the offer, but it's available. I probably have to head back now though, I have a lot of work to do" Steven explains as he heads back to the warp-pad.

"I accept" Lapis exclaims as she follows beside Steven.

"Great!, We have a few more rooms open in the hall, so feel free to pick one and get settled in" Steven says with a smile as the pair warp back to Homeworld.

=============================================