VIII - Interests

Narrator POV

Steven had just put on a custom generated jacket as a recognizable ship broke into orbit.

He was wearing his Quartz uniform, minus the cape and with an added pink jacket.

His mask was also noticeably absent, instead his face was bare. Though to most that wasn't a bad thing, he was quite the looker after all.

The familiar ship landed on the beach as it's crew quickly exited in a full blown military formation, with Jasper herself leading them. Following Jasper was the Agate from the other rebels.

Steven simply looked at the ship before exiting the Beach House.

"Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst....stay inside and let me do the talking" Steven yelled inside the house before waking to greet Jasper.

Needless to say the shock of seeing his face in broad daylight was quite the treat to see cross her features. Steven noticed her lips turn up into a bit of a grin as her eyes drank him in.

"Hey Jasper, I'm alright...and I've also convinced the Crystal Gems to return to Homeworld...on the condition they serve under me...in my court as the new Pink Diamond. I also offer you and the rest of the force, and you Holly Blue Agate, the same thing" Steven speaks. Jasper's eyes light up as the fire in her loins heats up again.

"And before any of you address me as "my diamond", just don't please. I'm not above anyone, I still strap on my boots and drop feet first into whatever hell we're trying to explore. I'm still just a soldier, just got a fancy title now is all" Steven spoke.

The troops around him, as well as Jasper, perform a simple warrior caste salute. A sign of respect, and a sign of acknowledgement of Steven's request.

Steven smiled as he alluded to the fact that he needed to speak to the Crystal Gems.

Steven opened the door to the Beach House to find the Crystal Gems all but armed to the teeth.

"It's alright guys. As a diamond I will protect you, and I might add Homeworld is much different now. I mean look at my expeditionary force. Each one of them was a misfit, an odd variable. They were all like me at one point, lost and without purpose. I've helped them become the most respected unit on Homeworld. Now, please come with me now" Steven pleads.

The gems look at him uneasily before a deafening silence settles in the room.

"Aw what the heck, why not" Amethyst exclaims before hopping over to Steven's side with an energetic handspring.

The other gems soon join her by his side.

"Great now let's get a good idea of what you'll be doing. I believe you shall all be apart of my personal entourage, or posse if you'd prefer" Steven explains, his left hand twitching a bit.

The Crystal Gems nod as Steven summons a ball of whitish pink energy from his left hand. It unveils itself as small signifiers of the Crystal Gems new jobs.

Garnet got a light pink handband, as well as a set of coattails for her uniform.

Amethyst got a coat that matches the color of Garnet's headband, and a pliable hairtie that could also be hardened into a set of brass knuckles.

Pearl, for her part got a simple yet effective cape and hood combo.

Steven stored his jacket in his gem and focused on slightly altering his uniform. Light pink accents slowly painted themselves across his uniform in thin markings.

His gloves were now pink, with all but his middle fingers changing to a white color. This mimicked Garnet's gloves.

The insides of his legs and around his armpits were also now pink, with dark grey outlines. A few subtle markings dotted the previously monotonous uniform. The most notable being two small full pink stars present on his shoulders.

His turtle neck was still deep grey, however his cape now also had a thin pink outline. It also now had a cloak like Blue's robes had.

Steven kept his mask off as he exited the Beach House, his new entourage falling in line behind him.

He stomps off towards the expeditionary force ship as he readies himself to head back to Homeworld.

==========================================