XVIII - Starlight

Narrator POV

Steven had shown a significant change in mood since his time with Yellow. He was much happier, more lively. He focused less on work and more on enjoying his time with others. He was back to his old self.

That didn't mean he couldn't switch to serious on the drop of a coin however, as he often had to when dealing with training Quartzes or doling out disciplinary janitorial duty (as that's about as far as he would go for punishments).

He had even started letting gems come and watch his training, though this had the unwarranted effect of alluring quite a few overly adoring fans. There was this one Aquamarine that just wouldn't leave him alone during his presidings over political business. That is an issue for another day however, as Steven was lounging with an uncharacteristically laid back Yellow and Blue as the three diamond sat in a small courtyard. The three sat in a circle on a large patch of grass, Steven in his full Pink Diamond height whilst Blue and Yellow were shifted down to be roughly the same height.

"So Steven...you remember what I told you about how us Diamonds, and even the members of your entourage love you yes?" Yellow asked.

Steven nodded as looked over to her.

"Wonderful! Now I'd like to gossip a bit about how I know" Yellow speaks in an excited tone, as if she were telling a teacher she figured out the problem by herself.

"Oh do tell Yellow, I'd very much like to hear as well" Blue speaks up.

Yellow nods.

"Well that...Opal was it? Was relatively simple, she was still leaking your seed during one of the conferences you and her attended. I envy the janitorial Quartz in duty that day" Yellow spoke, a light blush dusting her face.

She clears her throat, which was an attempt to clear her mind really, and continues.

"The Jasper was also simple, I have observed her grow this love for you for several years. The way she looks at you when you train, the blush she gets when you give her a hug or praise her. The look she gets when you refer to her as your Jasper Guard during ceremonies. Don't even get me started on the look she gets when she hears your shower start, I mean stars above it's a wonder she hasn't smashed through your wall to profess her love yet" Yellow speaks, earning a blush from Steven and a genuine laugh from Blue.

"The other fusion...Garnet...she was much harder to read. Fortunately I have excellent deduction skills and patience. She cares for you in a way that is...odd. She views you as a romantic interest, she loves you and wants to be with you no doubt however she actively prevents it out of fear of rejection. She also seems to believe no one can see her intentionally bump into you during your weight training" Yellow continues, her explanation having the other two enthralled.

"That Lapis...oh my she is truly head over heels for you. It appears she truly values the friendship you have built however and too scared to make the first move" Yellow adds.

"Finally that Peridot, she was almost too simple. On my way to visit you a few days back I caught her making out with a crudely constructed statue of you" Yellow finishes.

Steven lets out a small chuckle before speaking.

"Alright Yellow that's a lot to get dropped on me, but I appreciate it. I do have a question though, why'd you decide to go and figure all this out" Steven asks, genuinely curious.

"I may or may not have heard an old human what was it called? Detective! That's the word, anyway I caught an old human detective radio broadcast on the antique radio you came back with the last time you visited Earth" Steven laughs a bit before resting an arm across Yellow's shoulder.

"You know you make a great detective Yellow" Steven speaks before kissing Yellow on the forehead.

He moves away for a moment and does the same to a pouting Blue, her expression immediately changing once his lips touched her skin.

It was then that a shrunken down White approached the trio and beckoned Steven to come with her. She said she needed help with a personal project.

"I'll talk to you later Yellow, you too Blue. Love you guys" Steven says as he follows White towards her room in the palace, an old one she often deferred to the office in her head.

Now that she had shapeshifted a more human form to plan her surprise date with Steven however she found herself staying in the palace more often, whether out of ease of access, or the ability to be closer to Steven.

White smiled ear to ear as Steven followed behind her, unaware of the perfect surprise that was ready to spring from the room as soon as he entered the door.

Shortly thereafter the pair entered the old room, finding it quite dim with the lights off. The only light being a few pinkish candles that gave the room a light strawberry scent. Steven turns to White only to find she had disappeared.

Steven immediately picks up on the trail of pink roses leading across the floor of the large room.

He smiles as he follows them, slowly but surely also noticing small bits of white cloth on the floor. Each one having been thrown as if they were discarded in a hurry.

Steven puts two and two together as he finds what the pink roses led to. A large velvety bed, a white spotlight shining down on it.

In the middle of the bed was a very naked, and very "excited" White. Her legs were spread as she beckoned Steven forward.

=============================================