VI - Can't Always Trust The Voice In My Head

Narrator POV

Steven eyed up the familiar Gems that spoke his name. They bore the symbol of the devilish Crystal Gems.

Steven's mask hid an angered grimace as he shrunk down to a more appropriate size for conversation.

"Back up" Steven spoke, his tone low as if giving a warning. The Crystal Gems took it as such and backed off of him, for now at least.

Steven brought up his prosthetic, newly repaired as he phased on his suit and new internals for the prosthetics extra abilities.

Steven opened his palm, revealing a glitchy, small holographic figure of White Diamond. The figure fizzled as his comms once again failed.

Steven growled before turning to the Crystal Gems, his previous suspicious mood was replaced by a foul anger. These rebels probably only saved him so they could recruit him, they were just like the ones that had been torturing him!

Steven stares at the Crystal Gems before walking towards them and adopting an unassuming stance that favored his gravitational pulse tech.

"Oh Steven, we're so happy to see yo-" the Pearl of the group began before being sent flying by a direct hit to the chest from a gravitational pulse blast.

"You rebels won't convert me, you won't do what they did to me. I won't let you" Steven spoke as he blocked a few hits from the tall, ebony gem. He presumed it was the leader.

Steven rocks the leader with a pulse amplified boot to the sternum before performing an acrobatic dodge to avoid a whip screaming towards him.

"Steven we're not like them, trust us" the fusion pleaded.

Steven wouldn't listen to them though, he was only listening to the voice in his head, the angel by his side. White Diamond. She'd pick him up if he fell down, as long as he kept her memories alive. Granted this was all simply a vocal echo of a long since spoken speech.

Steven fought ferociously.

"Can we just fuse and restrain him or something, he's kicking our butts" a short amethyst yelled towards a dazed Pearl.

Pearl nodded and with a powerful blast of light the two rebels became one.

Steven noticed this and was memorized by what he saw, dazed by the bright beauty of this new combatant. The new fusion summoned a bow and drew back a strange looking arrow.

Steven tilted his head as the arrow fell short of him, surely the fusion could do better than that.

Steven shapeshifted to a size more fitting to battle the fusion, rushing it for hand to hand combat.

Thats when the arrow came into play, sending a tremor through the ground. Another arrow was sent flying that struck Steven directly in his prosthetic palm, sending a strange chemical throughout the air. Steven felt his eyes grow droopy as he removed the arrow and threw it at the ground.

Two more arrows were launched, one whistling as it flew. This one was probably a distraction, though it did appear quite sharp.

Steven noticed the other arrow and moved to reflect it, only to move into the path of the distraction arrow.

"STEVEN! WATCH OUT" the bow bearing fusion shouted. Steven looked towards her as he saw a small blue light on the right side of his vision.

That small blue light became a searing pain that blackened his vision as crimson fluid leaked from the right eye of his mask.

Steven, dropped to one knee, resting his weight on an arm. He shakily reached up to his face and tugged on the arrow he now realized had struck him in the eye.

He grips it and slowly pulls it back, his blood seeping from his mask's eyehole as his gem works overtime to prevent him from bleeding out.

Steven's hand trembles as he reveals a long, glittering arrow stained red and drenched in his life essence. A singular chunk of eyeball appears on the end of the arrow, a sight that finally puts Steven over the edge of consciousness.

==================================
Narrator POV - Steven

Steven awoke in a pink field, the only outstanding thing being a singular figure. His mother.

She turns towards him, a worried expression etched into her features.

"Not yet my son" she speaks as Steven feels his form melt away into soft tufts of pink clouds.

==================================
Narrator POV

Steven snaps up, his vision still damaged and blood covering him. His mask is laid on the ground next to him, the white faceted gear now blood red.

Steven slams a hand into the ground before standing up with an almost primal aggression. His singular working eye was wild, with his other being slightly clouded over. A pink mist swirled within the remaining semblance of his right eye. It would heal, but he would definitely have a scar around his eye were the arrow's powerful heat burnt him.

Steven summoned his sword from it's storage space within his gem, before running his left hand through his hair to fix it and prevent it from getting in his eyes.

Steven charged the fusion, who was staring at him in awe.

His blade clashed with her bow, the fusion using all four of her arms to block the ruthless aggression. Steven kicks the fusion in the gut and uses her as a base to flip over the charge of the other fusion.

Steven's face is set in a serious expression, his eye becoming focused and more calculated than a few moments before.

He had finally regained his renowned steele in combat, his mind running at a lighting quick pace.

The two fusions look back at him, finding him stanced with his blade in a defensive manner.

Steven raises two fingers into a pointing motion before swiping them infront of his face, summoning his mask.

"Steven calm down, please. We're family we only want to talk" the shorter ebony fusion pleads.

"Yes Steven, we only want to talk. I didn't mean to actually hit you, it was an accident.

Steven doesn't budge through their words do manage to shake him inwardly.

He shakes his head before charging in a very strange one handed, almost cavalry charge like saber advance.

The taller fusion responds by summoning two spears, one of the weapons of her components.

The fusion uses her Spears to redirect Steven, only for him to kick her in the leg and attempt a roundhouse kick. The fusion catches the kick with one of her four arms and begins to plead with him.

"Steven please, come home. We've missed you so much, just please give us a chance. You mean so much to us" the fusion begged.

Steven's mental barrier has broken as he remembered who the gems from earlier were. They were his first friends. They helped raise him before the diamonds.

Steven drops his sword as the fusion lets go of his leg. He immediately rushes the fusion and hugs her with everything he has, before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

The fusion blushes as Steven sits her down and follows the other fusion toward their ship.

=================================