II - Reality A Memory

Narrator POV - Twenty Years Later - Jasper

Jasper was forced against the hard wall of the arena by a powerful gravitational pulse. Every inch of her body compressed against the cold stone.

Her opponent let her go for a brief moment before sending her careening against another wall. Jasper bounced off this one, going flying towards her opponent.

Her opponent runs towards her and ensnares her in it's grip, before powerbombing her into the ground with such force it shattered the ground and rattled the entire arena.

Her opponent wasn't quite finished though, grabbing her by her neck and raising her to eye level with them.

Jasper's legs dangle as she stares her opponent in the eyes, hoping for a momentary falter.

There was none.

Her opponent's grip tightened as she struggled, the iron grip around her neck tightening until it severed her head from her body, poofing her.

Jasper's opponent crouched down before opening it's palm around her gem. A pink mist emitted from the palm as Jasper's gem glowed brightly.

Jasper reformed and immediately bowed to her opponent.

Her opponent didn't say anything, instead waiting for Jasper to look at them.

As Jasper eventually stood up she saw her opponent in full. She stared at it as her mind wandered.

It was massive, easily reaching the heights of Pink Diamond. Her opponent was significantly larger than Pink Diamond though, being built like a true Quartz warrior.

It also dressed like a Quartz, for the most part.

A modified white Quartz uniform accented by various shades of grey was donned by her opponent. The main modifications being; a collar that covered up the entirety of the neck, a flowing white cape that resembled the one Jasper herself had, a pair of heavy boots like Jasper's with some slight modifications, that being its color and magnetic soles, and a pair of gloves that ran halfway up its forearms that allowed for powerful gravitational manipulation in addition to it's already impressive prowess in hand to hand and sword combat.

Her opponent also had one striking feature that made it stick out like none other. It wore a faceted face that covered every inch of it's head except for it's flowing mane of white hair.

Of course Jasper knew why it wore this false face. It was to hide it, or his rather, hybrid status.

Steven, as he was originally called before becoming this persona and still what he prefers to be called in private, was a hybrid between a human being and a gem. Not just any gem though, Pink Diamond.

Jasper had been the first gem selected by Yellow Diamond to assist in training the next diamond, and was quite surprised at not only his determination but also his sheer commitment and loyalty to the diamonds, Yellow in particular.

Of course Jasper wasn't the only gem to help train him, and Yellow wasn't the only Diamond to help train him either.

He trained on proper etiquette and was educated on everything non-war related by the Blue Diamond and her Pearl.

The most mysterious training he undertook however was his training with White, in which he entered with little control over his multitude of powers and exited training with White with mastery of abilities old and new. It was scary, though it only got more terrifying when he developed his gravitational pulse technology and added it to his gloves and his blade.

His sword appeared to be similar to the one Rose Quartz, or rather Pink Diamond, used during the war. However Steven's was white with a more stripped down and practical design, with the gravitational pulse modules hidden in the guard and pommel.

This allowed him to deflect energy blasts without having to summon his shields as often. This allowed for stunning offense and shock and awe tactics.

Jasper also noted that he was "quite the looker" as she had overhead several humans say when he visited the zoo for food.

He didn't have to do that anymore thankfully, Jasper was quite tired of shoving human women and men away from him as he simply tried to aquire sustenance. Now he had a personal tree that grew the zoo fruit.

Jasper was soon broken from her stare by movement.

Steven had exited the room, no doubt to return to his post as the Diamond's personal guard. A privilege only he had.

==================================
Narrator POV - The Diamonds

A familiar figure approached the diamonds, it's cape slightly jostling about in the wind generated by the swift steps of it's wearers feet.

"Ah hello my little Quartz, how are you today" Blue cooed at the figure.

"Well my diamond, all is in order" a deep modulated voice spoke, a hint of youth lurking among the modulation.

"Very good Quartz, perhaps you can finally find time to talk to us again" Yellow spoke.

"I would very much enjoy that, however I have a group of gems to train, and you know how much those Agates can get if I don't whip the troops into shape" the figure speaks.

"Well, I believe the agates can wait. It's a diamonds order against some simple temperament and patience issues" White speaks.

The figure nods and performs a diamond salute, with what White swore was a smile behind it's mask.

"Very good, now any gems besides The Quartz and our personal Pearls leave the throne room" White speaks. Eventually all the Gems do as they're told and evacuate the throne room.

The doors close and lock behind the last few gems.

Upon hearing the mechanical clicking of the doors' locks the figure reaches for it's face and pulls off it's mask. The mask emits a hissing noise as it's modulation and life support systems are deactivated. A secondary "fwoosh" is heard as the figure's white hair turns to a deep brown.

The mask is attached to a magnetic holder on the figure's left hip.

The Diamonds all smile as the figure looks up at them. They loved seeing Steven's face, it was so uniquely human.

He had a strong, square jawline as if it were crafted of chiseled stone. His face had a bit of childish youth to it, but was still incredibly handsome. His eyes were a deep brown, with some slight bags underneath them. Bags were to be expected though, he hadn't slept in a few weeks.

"I'm quite surprised none of the zoomans have attempted to court you yet Steven" Blue spoke.

"Oh they have, several times. Both guys and gals have but none of them are really my type" Steven responds.

"Oh?" Blue spoke. Her expression turning curious.

Steven shook his head as the Diamonds readied themselves to ask him many a question.

==================================