Chapter Twelve: More than mama

Natashas POV:

Wanda had her hands covering my eyes and i could hear her giggling from behind me. We had driven for a little over half an hour to get to, well here. And once we were almost there she used her powers to blur my vision, it was only temporary but i didn't like it all that much, i didn't mention it because i didn't want to ruin the night. "Okay you can open in three.. two.. one and a half.." I was so excited i could burst! "Wanda come on pleaseee" I whined wanting to see the surprise. "Okay love, open your eyes." She revealed a beautiful rooftop, filled with lanterns and blankets galore. It had a view of the New York skyline and it looked beautiful. In the center there was a little blanket with an assortment of different picnic items and- THERE WAS PB&J SANWICHES! "Do you like it love? If its too much we can go home and just have a night in its okay i don't mind." "Shut up Wanda." I whispered at i pulled her in for a kiss. Once we had hugged more she replied "Its a good job that i love you because telling your mama to shut up isn't nice." She went and sat down on the blanket and patted next to her for me. "Yeah well i guess i should be glad your more than a mama." I smirked and sat down next to her, resting my head on her shoulder.

Wanda started eating and i picked up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, i didn't want to seem rude because i knew she had gone through a lot to prepare this for me. But at the same time, i'm sure little me didn't exactly hold back on food. I picked at the jelly before Wanda spoke up. "Nat, did i make them wrong? We have lots of other things or i can get Tony to get you something else if you like?" Wanda sat forward, maybe she was worried? "No Wands its okay, thank you though. I'm just not that hungry that's all, I have a small stomach or something like that." I laughed nervously and started playing with my hair. Wanda clearly didn't believe me, trust me you didn't need to be an assassin to see her raised eyebrow. "Are you lying to me Natasha?" I looked down, and started pulling on my hair. It was thin now, it was coming out in chunks and it was no longer beautiful just there. "Natasha, please tell me. I'm here." I quickly shook my head and took a shaky breath. I smiled and shuffled closer to Wanda again. "Wands i'm fine, i have you. Can't we just enjoy tonight?" Wanda was reluctant to say yes but nodded and continued to  eat a chocolate covered strawberry.

Wanda's POV:

It was clear Natasha had eating problems, but i would talk to her that later, maybe when she was more comfortable with me. More comfortable with us. I sighed and continued eating. "Fine, i'll drop it for now if you eat hmm three PB&J sandwich triangles, a mini cucumber and a chocolate covered strawberry because they are amazing! Deal?" I lifted Natasha's chin and made her look into my eyes. "Ill have two sandwiches, for an even number, and a strawberry." She said while she picked at the sandwich. "Okay but your eating something else later and that's a promise." We talked for a while before it got late, like super late. I could tell Nat was tired so i suggested going back to the compound but Nat shook her head on my lap as i played with her hair. "Tell me about Pietro, please?" Natasha looked up at me, i could tell she was just trying to fight sleep but i couldn't say no to her. "Pietro? Uhm okay, yeah i can do that. Pietro was kind and loving and, wow he would've loved you baby, we didn't fight a lot. We did a bit but he always made it up to me, he was sweet and could make you smile straight away. You would've gotten along amazing. He loved to prank people, you Sam and Pietro would make the best prank team dekta." I smiled sadly, remembering all the memories i had. "Do you miss him Wanda?" "Yes, a lot, but i think, if i have you and others then he will be happy watching over me. And that's enough but sometimes its not and that's okay."

Natasha nodded and closed her eyes. "You know, when i first came to the compound, after Ultron. Vision and I, we got really close and he said something that stuck with me. For a long time. It was something along the lines of 'What is grief if not love persevering' and i think that helped me." Natasha sat up and gently kissed me and wiped a tear that had escaped. "Thank you; for tonight, for telling me, for helping me be me again. Thank you wands." I smiled and kissed her back. It was super late now, way past Nats bedtime. "Right, i think its time to head back don't you?" I stood up and dragged Nat with me. We had a little slow dance, no music, but it was still sweet. We packed away a little but left a lot to Tony and the boys, whoops sorry i suppose? Then we got in the car and drove home.

Once we got back to my room, i helped Nat out of her dress and into her Pjs and i did the same. "Okay, which bed are you picking? You can go in mine by all means or you can go in yours. I won't be offended i promise." Nat looked unsure but mumbled about her bed. "Thank you for using your words, i'll come tuck you in if you like? But first clean your teeth!" I practically had to pull Nat to the bathroom but we eventually managed to brush her teeth. I tucked her in, placed Floop next to her and kissed her goodnight. "Good night dekta, sleep well. Thank you for tonight, i loved it." I whispered as i flicked the light off and pulled her door to.

I made my way to my room again and went through my night routine. I cleaned my room and sorted some of Nats little stuff, the bulk was meant to arrive tomorrow, well today, gosh Nat will be cranky in the morning. I read some books on spells and sparring to try and improve before i realised it was practically 2am, maybe i should've gone to sleep with Nat... So i snuggled down and flicked my lights off, totally without magic, last night was fun. Worth every second for my baby.