Chapter Twenty Two: A switch

Natasha's POV:

"You'll break them." I whispered at i stared though the window to see young innocent girls being forced to spin and perform intricate and complex ballet moves. "Only the breakable ones." My head snapped towards Madame B but i couldn't bring myself to say anything. I simply kept silent and continued watching. "Again." The cycle was never ending. "You were made of marble, we will celebrate after the graduation ceremony." No. "What if i fail?" I said, barely above a whisper. "You never fail." Madame B came up to me and caressed her hand over my cheek. I knew better than to relax into her hold. I was not a little. I did not need affection.

Now. I couldn't breathe. I smacked the man on his arm, admitting defeat. I leant down trying to catch my breath before Madame B spoke; "Floppy. Pretending to fail. The ceremony is necessary, for you to take your place in the world." She was wrong, but so right. "I have no place in the world." I said with as much force as i could muster. "Exactly."

"Hey baby, breathe. Come on wake up!" Wanda was shaking me, trying to get me to wake up and judging by her expression she had been doing it for a while. We were in her room, it had been redecorated. Little things. I wasn't a little. Madame B said i wasn't a little! "Get off of my Wanda." I said through gritted teeth as i started walking off. "Nat, love, don't do this. Tell me what happened." I stopped. Did i want to? No. "Wanda i do not wish to hurt you so please, leave me alone." I stormed out as i heard Wanda shout after me. "Baby girl! Wait. Tell mama!" She used that against me. I wasn't a little! "DONT YOU DARE USE THOSE WORDS WANDA! IM NOT A LITTLE!" I stormed downstairs into the kitchen to find a very messy room. Tony's party. "Hey nat, you okay?" I turned to Steve, he had clearly been training and he had a protein smoothie in his hand. It was then i realised that i was in a pink onesie, a full diaper and my feeding tube was hanging free from its tape.

"Uhm yeah, Steve what did you do with those tablets you offered me ages ago?" I tried to stand tall but i ended up playing with my hair. "I think Tony put them in his lab or something, why Nat? Did Wanda do something?" Steve started walking towards me but i quickly stopped him before walking towards the lab. "Thanks Steve, your helpful." Steve looked shocked, understandably, but i couldn't tell him. He would try stop me, tell Wanda so on.. Tablets... Tablets.. Ah! Tablets. I picked up the bottle and opened the cap. There they were. All sitting there perfectly aligned. I grabbed one and walked over to the sink, grabbed a cup and took it before i could think. "Uhm Nat, kiddo, how'd you manage to get down here? I'm going to call your mama okay?" I heard Tony behind me and i froze. "No! There's no need for that! I was just uh needing like a screwdriver that's all.. for my door, i want it off. I'm redecorating for... For kate! That room yep, can you lend me one?" I shoved the pill bottle in my pocket and started 'searching' for a screwdriver.

"Your lying. But i'm busy so here, i'll catch you later. And i'll talk to Wanda soon about that." I saluted him as i walked out. "Yes sir. Bye tony." I was on my way up the stairs as the walls started to spin. Your fine Natasha. Pain only makes us stronger. I had to grab onto the railings for dear life to prevent myself from falling. As soon as i got to the top i slid down the wall and shoved my head in my lap. I curled up in a ball and stayed there. I didn't cry, i didn't move. I just was. "Nat?" A deep voice confused me but i didn't bother to look up. Suddenly i felt a cold arm wrap around me. "I'm not a little." I practically heard the man smile. "Okay, can you tell me why?" I finally looked up, to see Bucky smiling at me. "Because Bucky, i'm not a little. The red room took care of that. I'm not a little." Bucky nodded and started stroking my back. "Okay, i believe you. What do you want to do now then?"

What did i want to do now? "I want to train. With you." A grin flooded buckys face as he got up and pulled me up behind him. "Oh your on but go get changed and don't bump into Wanda, she would kill me." I nodded and started walking away, the dizziness had subsided slightly but i don't think i was walking very straight. (because she's not let's not lie) I changed into my gym gear and ran downstairs. "Ready Buck? Challenge of your life." I gave Bucky a high five as he scoffed. "Yeah right! You know i'm the super soldier right.. super.." I rolled my eyes and laughed. "In your dreams old man." Finally we reached the training room and luckily nobody apart from Carol was in there, who simply smiled and waved at us before continuing with her training.

Buckys POV:
"You sure your okay to do this Nat? You don't look too good.." I was unsure about the entire thing but Nat needed some stability. Something she knew how to do and could do without thinking so my mind went to this. Sure, not the best thing but we wouldn't do much. "Bucky i'm fine. I'm fine. Just you start old man." I laughed and we started throwing punches, simple enough but she was attack and i was more defense. This went on for half an hour, going backwards and forwards nothing too strenuous. Then Natasha started properly. "What you can't handle me?" She cocked her head making her messy braid almost fall out. "Oh you wish." She kicked me in the stomach, hard. And i fell to the ground, i whipped my legs round bringing her to the floor too, before she quickly jumped back up. I went to swing at her stomach, not to cause harm it was sparring, but before i could get there her eyes fluttered to the back of her head and she collapsed. I couldn't catch her.

I looked around frantically but Carol had left. "WANDA! STEVE! HELP!" I pushed Natasha's hair out of her face and started shaking her. No, not today. "Nat wake up. Don't do this to me!" Wanda came running in and clapped her hand over her mouth. "BUCKY WHAT DID YOU DO?" She ran over and pulled Natasha into her lap as she whispered to her. Steve came running in, telling me to leave immediately and to not come back. But i couldn't. I was frozen in place. Had i done that to Natasha?

Wanda's POV:

"Honestly Steve, I don't know. I want to be her mama but sometimes it's so hard and i don't know if i'm worthy of that." I sighed as i picked up my tea. Steve patted my back as he finished his smoothie. "You are worthy of that Wanda. Don't worry, Natasha loves you. And that-" "WANDA! STEVE! HELP!" Buckys voice sounded throughout the compound by the large speakers Tony had installed for parties. "The training room." Steve spoke up next to me and i looked at him puzzled before getting up. "I saw Bucky and Natasha heading there earlier don't ask me." I shot him a look before running. "We will talk about that later. That's not okay! You know she's not allowed to do that!" I ran faster and Steve somehow struggled to catch up. "Yeah i know.. i know." (istg someone better get that reference)

When i finally made it to the training room, i ran in to see Bucky leant over Nat. "Nat wake up. Don't do this to me!" I clapped my hand over my mouth before running over to my baby. "BUCKY WHAT DID YOU DO?" Steve was hot on my heels and yelled at bucky to get out and not come back. I was whispering to Nat, telling her not to leave. Anything. "Wanda, we need to take her to the medical bay." My head shot up at Steve and i nodded as tears rolled down my face. He picked her up and i grabbed hold of her limp arm. Not today. We speed-walked to the med-bay and i didn't miss the opportunity to give Bucky a death glare on the way past. "I'm sorry Wanda.." Bucky mumbled as i walked past. "I dont care." I replied coldly, running to catch up with my baby girl.

Bruce was waiting anyway and Tony had come up as soon as he was told. There were machines whirring everywhere, all around my baby. "Wanda, let's give them some space, come on." Steve tried to move me away but i refused. "NO! STEVE THATS MY BABY! THIS IS MY FAULT! ITS MY BABY! NATASHA SHE IS.. she's my world.." I sobbed into Steve's chest as he soothed me and rubbed my back. "It's okay. We know, she will be alright. It's okay Wanda."

hmm will Nat be okay? Idk who knows. Was it not eating or the tablets that made her ill? Will she still accept Wanda? I just dont know. Yuh this idea went hi so feel blessed.

Love and hugs,
Lily