Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unknown Source

Unknowns POV:

"Now, find the girl. You do not want to know what happens if you don't." The man stared down at me and crossed his arms. I was handcuffed to a bed and the only one in the room. "I can't find her. That isn't my field!" I shouted back at him, big mistake. "Take it to my girls." With a flick of the man's hand, i was unlocked and dragged out of the room i had been staying in.

I was pushed and pulled to a room that was full of girls practicing ballet, some were watching, some performing and one lay, unmoving on the floor. I tried not to gasp, i knew it wouldn't bode well. "My girls! You will not kill this man, but you will instead hurt him. Until he finds someone i need. Whoever is to succeeded, i have a very special mission.." And with that the man and his people walked away, leaving me stood in the middle of the room with a sea of eyes staring at me.

"Well you heard your father, go. Be widows." Suddenly, one by one each girl came towards me and kicked, punched and bit me. "Try again." The same woman's voice sounded from the edge of the room. This went on for hours, the same grueling sequence, the same girls. "I want to see the man who brought me here." I wheezed, as i sat up. The girls all stopped and looked around to turn to the woman. They all turned back to me and a variety of languages spoke from each of the girls mouths. "Papa?" "Babbo?" "Padre?" "Otets?" I slowly nodded and they pulled me up.

The woman strode over to me and signaled to one of the guards stood on the door, who then spoke a foreign language into his communicator. "Why do you wish that?" The woman held me by my top and spat in my face. I couldn't answer. I just stared at her before finally saying: "I wish to speak to the man who brought me here." She let go of my top and i almost fell backwards but quickly regained my composure.

The man came striding in with open arms and a tight smile formed on all of the girls faces. "Ah! You have called me to say you found her. Good. Come, you shall come to my office son." I'm not his son. My parents are gone. He is not my father. My father loved movie nights and hugs. This is not my father. I cautiously followed him through a sequence of tunnels, before reaching his 'office', it was beautiful. You could tell a difference between the others and his.

"Welcome, to the red room. It is my understanding we.. revived you. Is that so?" The man played with his ring and motioned for me to sit down. I nodded and sat up straight. "Please! No formalities, well just one. I am Dreykov, i made this beautiful place. Where young girls can grow, and learn and either make the world, or destroy it. You, you should feel lucky. I do not allow boys in my institution. But you are special hmm?" The man, supposedly named Dreykov, walked around to my side of the desk and lifted my chin.

"Now, what is your name again? Oh wait you never told us. It's fine.. I have a magical database so.. this is the fun part." He opened a drawer and took his ring off, winking at me. He scanned his ring and a map appeared in the screen opposite us. "You see these? These are my widows. They are scattered all across the world, unsuspecting but so deadly. Their ledgers, they are gushing with red. I couldn't be more proud. I am proud of you." He squeezed my shoulder tightly, almost to tight as he tapped through thousands of women. "Ah... found you."

He smiled as my picture appeared on the screen along with news articles about me? "Pie-tra?" He cocked his head up and me and started laughing. "You must forgive me! I am bad with languages, worse at names. That's why my widows don't have names, only the best get that privilege. "It's Pietro." I mumbled before he stopped, his smile faded. "Speak up boy." I repeated myself and he just started laughing. "Your name is not important, it is your mission that is. You, my dearest son, are quicksilver."

He sighed and sat back down, "Now where is the girl." He sipped some brown looking substance and offered me some, but i declined. The truth is, i didn't know where she was. That was her power. Not mine. But i could lie my way around this, like i used to do in Sokovia. "Let me take her down." I sat down and crossed my legs, waiting for any sign of a response from him. "And i should trust you why?" Think. Think. "Because she left me, for a bunch for idiotic superhero's who do nothing but make the world worse. Plus, from what i have seen, she now is looking after one of them. Even. Worse." I leant forward and a sickening smile grew on Dreykovs face.

"You have proved all scientists wrong quicksilver, you were worth the money. Bring in Widow 1893." He shouted to the guard and they nodded and walked quickly to go retrieve who i assumed would be a girl. "This widow, she is the best in her division. She is the best in the academy. But not better than Natalia Romanova. Or now known as Natasha Romanoff. The girl, your sister, has been caring her. If you get the chance, get Natalia and your sister. Make the witch our top priority."

And with that, the doors opened and a skinny but muscular looking girl walked in. "Ah! Welcome, widow. Your best mission yet. I am so proud." He got up and hugged the girl who silently accepted but stayed stiff. "This is Pie-tra. Well he has a new name now. Quicksilver. And you. This is Widow 1893, or known as Sofia. You will be working together. Though Widow, you are on the sidelines. Quicksilver here knows where the girl is." The girl simply nodded and walked over to me, shook my hand and walked away. Standing in the corner, silently watching us.

"We have a tracker in you. Don't try anything stupid. And i will see you with your sister and hopefully my daughter." He nodded and patted me on the back before the girl walked next to me, well more in front. Leading me through so many corridors before we made it out to the runway. I hadn't realised that we were so high up. "They drug you, on the way in." She must've noticed my confused face and she smiled at me. "Are you not? Brainwashed?" She shrugged and laughed. "No, i never gave them a reason to do that to me. I'm the only one here who isn't. I'm his 'prodigy', so your plan is?"

She looked at me expectantly, I just shrugged. "God your so easy to intimidate. So, you don't know where the girl is, you don't have a plan.." "Hey i do know where my sister is! And my plan is to i don't know get us out of here!" She rolled her eyes and opened the helicopter door. "Wow, great plan speedy boy. You don't think i've been trying to do that for years?" She passed me some headphones and spoke into them, sighing and telling me to put them on.

"Buckle up fast boy, we have a long flight ahead of us."