Masquerade Ball

Chapter 25 [spotify @LunaKonstanova i made a playlist

It was the day of the ball and the nerves were kicking in. I felt so much better now, stronger. Aro told me that drinking human blood is stronger than animal blood and I hate to admit it but I think he was right. I feel amazing.

I don't regret it, well maybe I sort of do but Caius said it's better for me so? I've killed a lot more people now than I did when I was a newborn and that was a rough time for me.

I haven't talked to Jacob in ages or the Cullens, I don't know if they don't want to talk to me or are waiting for me to talk to them? But I've been to busy lately so I pushed it aside.

Today was about the ball, a distraction. Athenodora and I were currently in my room talking about tonight "sooo who are you going to dance with first?" she asks me as we lay next to each other on my bed arms touching staring at the roof "whoever asks me first" I reply making her snort, she turns over to face me.

"I mean" she pauses making me look at her "you could always dance with me" it goes silent she looks at me while I look at her "yeah?" I smile making her smile "yeah" she smirks her eyes traveling down to my lips "Athena-" I start but she cuts me off "what?" she says still smirking moving closer to me so that our faces were inches apart "you don't like it?" she smugly grins.

"no its just-" she cuts me off moving so that she's hovering over me our faces aligned "so you do" I can feel my face heat "but Caius" I say quietly "don't worry about him" she smiles lowering her face "but your married" she pauses "and?" she lifts her head so she can see me "well it would be wrong".

She raises an eyebrow "especially if he finds out" I add "I wont tell if you don't" she sits up straddling me "what about Aro?" I sit up as well my legs trapped under her "live a little" she scoots closer tucking a peice of hair behind my ear. She rests her hand on my cheek leaning in again, she stops our lips basically touching "may I?" she asks.

I think about it for a second before nodding, she saves no time leaning in and pressing our lips together, hers are cold but soft due to being a vampire, my hands slide to her waist pulling her closer. Her hand stayed on my cheek sliding down to my jaw lifting my head higher kissing me again, I kiss her back my hand sliding up her shirt.

Caught up in the moment we don't hear someone walking down the hallway. The kissing heated up quickly, her hands in my hair slowly pushing me down on the bed when we heard a knock on the door, I quickly push her off me and she laughs laying down on the bed as I frantically get up brushing my hair with my fingers opening the door.

Sulpicia and Chelsea are standing there holding dress bags "what are you guys doing here?" I ask nervously "where here to get ready for the ball" Chelsea exclaims "what? that's like in four hours" I ask "no it's in one" Sulpicia says letting herself Chelsea followed behind.

I close the door and turn seeing them look at Athenodora "so that's why we couldn't find you" Chelsea says placing her dress on my desk chair "what were you guys doing?" Sulpicia asks as Athenodora gets off the bed "just talking" Athenodora answers "where are you going?" Chelsea asks her "to get my stuff" she sprints leaving us three alone.

Sulpicia raises an eyebrow at me and I look away, Athenodora returns quickly and we start to get ready.

***

"are you ready?" Chelsea asks me, we are standing at the end of the hallway waiting to walk into the ballroom "yeah I think, you?" I ask "definitely". Chelsea walks over to Sulpicia to help her put her mask on, I try and put mine on but can't get the knot to tighten "here let me help you" Athenodora walks up behind me tying my it for me.

"There you go" she whispers in my ear "thank you" I whisper back turning around to look at her, she looked beautiful the dress complimented her body nicely "ready girls?" Chelsea asks making us turn around and nod.

* Caius's POV *

I was talking to a couple that had come down from finland for this ball when I hear pairs of footsteps walking towards the door, I turn my head to look at it as the doors open and I see the girls strut in. Sulpicia and Chelsea on the ends with Athenodora and Eleonora in the middle and god did she look beautiful.

Her red dress flowed around her legs as she walked in a smile on her plump red lips, she was like a goddess. They all stopped and turned to talk to each other before walking away in seperate directions, my eyes follow El as she walks towards the food platters and I make my way over to her.

*Eleonora's POV*

I was looking at all the food on the tables near the wall, choosing gummy worms 'I requested them' I place one in my mouth as I feel hands wrap around my waist making me squeal and turn to see Caius smiling at me "hey beautiful" he pulls me in closer "hello" I say chewing the head off the worm.

"You looking amazing" he compliments "thank you" he looks at my lips "no" he looks back at my eyes and frowns "don't even think about it" I say shaking my head "but I already am thinking about it" he smirks "there are so many people here" I say "and?" I laugh "just no" he laughs too pressing his forehead against mine "okay" he smiles.

He pulls away stepping back bending down and offering me his hand "want to dance m'lady" I laugh taking it "yes kind sir" and we walk to the middle of the ball.

***

El and Caius walked to the dance floor after being jealousy eyed by Athenodora.

(song Howl's Moving Castle [OST - Theme Song]

Caius grabs Els hand and waist moving her along with the beat, other couples join but there in the center, there eyes locked on each other as their feet move in sync, there dancing lessons paid off, Caius twirled her to the song making her laugh as he brought her back in.

Sliding across the dance floor with ease grabbing her waist and lifting her up before returning back to their old position along with everyone else. Twirling her outwards just as they practised and twirling her back in then at the four minute mark the music got deep and there dance became more elegant.

Back and forth they danced never once breaking eye contact, the music slowed and they did there grand finale, Caius grabbed El's waist and dipped her down holding her just above the ground, her hand above her head brushing against the cold floor. He held her there for a second and kissed her neck gently before bringing her back up into their original position.

She smiled before being dragged away, Caius frowned as he watches his wife drag away El and starts dancing with her to the new song playing [love like you- steven universe].

"You look so pretty by the way" Athenodora says to El making El blush and hide her face in the crook of Athena's neck "no need to be embarrassed love" they dance for another half hour before Sulpicia and Chelsea join them.

The fantastic four were dancing to a lot of different songs that El suggested like Maneater and Womanizer. As everyone watched them

After an hour of dancing Eleonora is pulled aside by Aro as he dances with her to distract everyone from the conversation he was about to start "meet me at the library tomorrow at six am we need to talk" is all he said to her before walking away.

El was confused but agreed and headed off to bed after a long day...

(Sorry for late updates, i do it every now and then!)