Chapter 4

There was an arrangement made for Natasha, Pepper, and me to have makeup artists and hair stylists to come do our hair for the charity ball. She had it all arranged for us when we got to her condo. She didn't even want me to see what my dress was either. The only thing I requested from her was to make sure that it had sleeves because of my scar.

The makeup artist used dark browns to give me a soft glam eye makeup with beautiful champagne shimmer at the center of my eyelid. For the eyeliner she used dark gray with a small amount of black eyeshadow to give it a bit of a softer look that blended well with the eye shadow. As for my lipstick, he kept it close to my natural lip color, but just a shade darker. He made sure to accentuate my best features delicately and not overdoing it with the contour and highlighting.

When it came to my hair, the hair stylist did a beautiful elegant updo with pearl hairpins. The stylist left a few small sections of my hair out of the bun like the hairs on the sides of my ears and a little at the back. She lightly curled the sections that weren't in the bun to give it soft waves. With my hair up, it allowed people to see my earrings that contained a round diamond with three marquise diamonds that formed a leaf with a teardrop shaped pearl at the bottom. My hair felt a bit heavy from all the pins, but I couldn't help but feel beautiful.

Natasha stepped out wearing a beautiful silver fitted mermaid dress with a deep plunge illusion V-neckline and embellishments and jewels sewn all throughout the dress. The dress hugged her curves so perfectly. Her hair was in a timeless side updo. Her lipstick was a deep red shade with smokey eyes. Even her nails matched her lips.

Pepper followed wearing a blush pink one shoulder silk dress with a modest slit at the side of her dress. The dress hugged her waist and slightly flared out a bit. She kept her hair down, but had it curled. She matched her dress with a beautiful diamond linked necklace with a matching bracelet. She kept her makeup natural with just a little bit of shimmer in her eyes and kept her close to her natural lip color as well.

"You look beautiful," I said to them once I got up. "Pepper, you look like Aphrodite. And Nat, seriously, red carpet glam. You both look amazing."

"I love your hair," Natasha said, spinning me around. "It matches your pearl necklace."

I smiled, running my fingers along the necklace. "Yeah, it feels a little weird not wearing my other necklace."

"It wouldn't match with your dress. Speaking of which, Tony should've been here with it by now. What is taking him so long?" Pepper pulled out her phone to text Tony.

"Don't panic, Pep, I'm right behind you." Tony came over to me with the dress which was in a garment bag. He kissed Pepper on the cheek. "Wow, you look beautiful."

"Thank you," Pepper replied while she fixed Tony's tie.

Tony handed me the garment bag. "Alright, Jersey, open it."

I hung the garment bag so that I could look at the dress. I unzipped it to see a periwinkle blue empire dress with spaghetti straps that crisscrossed in the back. The top of the dress was a sweetheart neckline, with a pleated glitter fabric that twisted at the center to seem as though it was wrapped. The glitter fabric waterfall down a the center. I ran my fingers along the soft chiffon fabric.

"It's beautiful," I whispered. I looked at Tony and Pepper. "But I can't wear this. I mean, my scar is just..."

"Not to worry," Tony stepped forward and handed m a small box. "I got you a little something that will help."

I opened the box to see a gold bracelet that had a series of marquise shaped diamonds with small round diamonds outlining them. It formed off into a vine leaf like feel that started off with one marquise, but bunched into two until the very center of the bracelet that formed almost like a flower before it went back to two marquises bunched together, and eventually back to the two single marquise diamonds towards the clasp.