Chapter 29

It had been five months since Steve, Sam, Natasha, and I left Wakanda. Five months of doing rogue missions while on the run from the government. It was exhausting to keep laying low but it was necessary. As for Wanda and Vision, they continued to spend their time in Europe. Wanda would ask if she was needed for a mission whenever I talked to her. I had to promise her that we were handling everything so Vision and her can enjoy their time together.

Tony kept tabs with me discreetly once in a while. He told me that with the missions we were doing, some countries that were planning to sign the Accords backed out. Apparently, they were beginning to see that there was some corruption happening under their noses that they wouldn't be able to control it. Tony was busy trying to figure out what the next plan of action was. He said that the Accords would either continue but be altered to a high degree or would be completely dropped. If dropped, we would all have to go to Capitol Hill to discuss the next plan for the Avengers.

When Steve found out about this, he said he was willing to sit down and discuss the conditions of the Accords if Wanda was granted the right to be in the United States, Bucky and I would be pardoned completely, and all charges against all Avengers, including Sharon Carter's involvement with getting our gear, would be dropped. Tony promised that he would discuss that with Secretary Ross and keep us updated on what was happening with the Accords. The tension between Steve and Tony was still there due to Steve knowing the truth about what happened to Tony's parents. Even with the tension, it was still visible that they cared for each other. Plus, I sensed how much they missed each other. They may have had differences in personalities, but they were the yin and yang of the Avengers.

I received a message from Shuri from the kimoyo bead to come back to Wakanda as soon as possible. She didn't tell me if there was something wrong but she didn't tell me good news either. She also said that she just wanted me and not Steve. I asked Steve to drop me off before they went on the next mission to Cuba. Throughout the whole flight back to Wakanda, I was unable to keep myself together. I didn't know what news I was going to hear and I wasn't prepared if the news was going to be bad.

Natasha nudged my shoe, "Stop fidgeting."

I leaned my head against the wall. "I can't help it. What if it's bad news?"

"What if it's good news and you're stressing over nothing?" She countered. "You're overthinking, okay? Calm down."

I nodded. I flicked her short blonde hair. "I miss the red."

She rolled her eyes and tugged my hair back. "I miss the honey shade."

I smirked at her. Because we were hiding, Natasha dyed her hair blonde and cut it. As for me, I dyed my hair black to remove the honey-brown locks. I also cut it slightly above my breasts. "Did you see Wanda dyed her hair? It's this auburn orange shade. It's really pretty."

"I'll take your word on it. Did they say where they were?"

"They're in Italy right now, but might go to Scotland." I looked over at Steve. "Are we almost there, Nomad?"

Steve scoffed when I called him his new alias. "We're just passing the barrier right now."

"Thank God," I sighed.

After Steve landed the quinjet, I hugged them goodbye and promised Steve that I would let him know what Shuri wanted. For some reason, Shuri only wanted me to come to Wakanda. As I exited the jet, Shuri and a Dora Milaje named Ayo were waiting for me.

"Missy, you forgot something!" Sam called out. I turned around to see him throw me my sword and backpack. I caught them both. "Doesn't even know what's happening and her mind is focused on one thing."