Chapter 7

Even though it was June, Sokovia still had snow in the mountains. It wasn't heavy snow, but it was enough to feel chilly, especially for it being June. I learned that the scepter was used during the Battle of New York. It was a weapon Loki used to brainwash Clint and attack others. It was taken by Hydra agents who were pretending to be a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. Baron Strucker was the one in charge of the Sokovian Hydra base that we were going to penetrate. We had plans to sneak into the base, but our plan didn't go accordingly. The Hydra soldiers' weapons were completely advanced, using some type of kinetic energy instead of bullets. Usually, we didn't like Bruce turning into the Hulk unless it was absolutely necessary, but for this mission, it was very necessary.

Natasha drove a jeep that we commandeered from our enemies. Clint and I were shooting at the soldiers while Natasha drove. Thor and Hulk were taking care of the soldiers who were on the watchtowers, bunkers, or the ground while Steve took out others on a motorcycle. Tony was surveying the area, along with firing at other agents to cover us.

As we approached the barricades, Natasha swerved the jeep to the side. Before the jeep could hit the barricades, Clint, Natasha, and I jumped out of the car. Steve jumped over the barricades with his motorcycle as Tony flew over it. Hulk and Thor leaped over it to strike down their targets. I pointed my guns at soldiers, shooting them cleanly. Steve grabbed my arm and swung me over to him so that I was sitting behind him with my back against the shield. As Steve drove, I fired at soldiers.

"Shit!" Tony shouted through the comms.

"Language," Steve blurted.

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at what he just said. "Did you just say-"

"Don't," Steve grumbled lowly. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it," Thor informed us. "At long last."

"'At long last' is lasting a little longer," Natasha commented.

"Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise," Clint added.

I fired my guns at the soldiers that were approaching us. As a jeep came toward us, I grabbed a grenade from my utility belt and threw it toward the jeep. I turned around on the motorcycle so that I was facing forward when the grenade exploded.

"Wait a second," Tony interjected, "No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said, 'language'?"

"I know," Steve grumbled. I jumped off the motorcycle, attacking a group of soldiers nearby. As Steve flipped forward, he threw the motorcycle towards an oncoming jeep. "It just slipped out," he huffed before he helped me fight the group of soldiers.

I pulled out my knife and threw it at a nearby soldier while I shot at another. I gripped onto a tree branch and used it to swing myself to kick down two soldiers. "How are you going to get in there, Tony?"

"Figuring it out, Jersey. Sit tight."

I grabbed two more of my knives and started to fight two soldiers that approached me. I kicked the gun away from the soldier, slashed his arm, and grabbed the gun to blast it towards his teammate. After that, I stabbed the soldier in the abdomen. As I grabbed my knife, I felt a burning sharp pain on my side, making me fall over. I groaned and looked at my side, but saw no wound. Steve ran over to me and helped me up.

"What is it?" He questioned.

Someone was injured.

Before I could sense who was injured, Steve and I were knocked down. "Son of a bitch!"