Chapter 13

I took one final look at my empty bedroom before I closed the door. It was bittersweet leaving the tower because this was where it all began. This was the place where I made new friends, where I found love, and where I became something greater than what I thought possible. Before I went downstairs, I went to Bucky's old room. Steve and I emptied Bucky's room together. We put his clothes in boxes and agreed that his clothes would stay in Steve's room just in case Bucky were to find his way back to us. As for me, I asked Steve if I could keep Bucky's journals with me along with the motorcycle gloves he always wore around me when I was scared of his metal arm.

For a final attempt, I decided to sit down in the middle of the room. I pulled out the motorcycle gloves from my bag and held them close to my heart. I tried to remember our memories together when we were in the tower. I centered my power on feeling the love, the joy, the pure bliss I had with him, even the times when I felt my heart breaking when we fought. As I sensed it, I started to see an image of Bucky's face coming into my mind, but just as fast as I saw it, it disappeared.

The closest experience I had to use my astral projection power was when I had a dream of him in the Smithsonian. I couldn't talk to Bruce about it because I was too occupied with sensing the world's emotions. Then, I had my birthday and after the birthday was Ultron, so too much was happening. I was lucky that I knew two people who could help me now that Bruce was gone.

Sighing, I walked into the common room to see Tony looking around too. "Reminiscing?" I asked as I walked toward him.

"No, just making sure everything is in order. What about you? I thought you left with Steve an hour ago."

"I was the one reminiscing," I admitted. "A lot of things happened here. So, I guess I'm starting a new chapter."

"New beginnings." He cleared his throat. "After everything with the whole Ultron situation, I'm going to step away from the Avengers."

"You're quitting?"

"No, not quitting, but just stepping to the side. I think it'll be better if I just stay a representative for the Avengers. Besides, if I quit, who else is going to fund you guys to keep breaking things?"

I shook my head, laughing. "You got a point there."

Because my room was bigger in the compound compared to the tower, I was given freedom on how to decorate my room. I decided to settle for a dark gray low-ground bed frame that had connecting side tables on both sides of the bed with a simple matching upholstered headboard. The walls were painted a silvery blue. I didn't notice at the time, but Steve mentioned that the color reminded him of Bucky's eyes.

To lighten up the room, I had white bedsheets with a silvery blue throw blanket laid out at the foot of the bed. Near the closet and bathroom door was my small vanity table. The mirror on the vanity had small polaroid pictures of special occasions I had with the team, like Steve's birthday, the first group girls' night with Wanda, and so on.

In case I had problems sleeping on the bed, I had the same chaise from the tower that was against the corner of the walls which had a small shelf and a small side table nearby. The shelf not only contained books that I loved to read, but it also had the photo albums that Jonah saved for me and one of Bucky's journals. Next to the shelf that had Bucky's journal were the dried-up roses he gave to me in a small mason jar. I put twinkling lights inside the mason jar to make it look pretty. For the most part, I didn't really use the chaise unless I had really bad nightmares or when I was feeling too anxious. There were a few times when I felt uncomfortable, but I tried my best to fight it until I couldn't anymore. Near the chaise, I decided to get a comfortable soft white rug along with a large throw pillow so I can use that as a meditation area too. I've been trying to make a habit of having a meditation session at least once a day so that I can control and train my empath power.