Chapter 21

As the quinjet flew toward the coordinates that T'Challa set up, I was cleaning Bucky's wounds. From Tony kicking him in the face, he got a nosebleed and a cut on the bridge of his nose. There was also a gash on his eyebrow and the temple. Thanks to the nosebleed, most of the hair on his right side was caked with blood. I was more concerned about his heart though. I had turned on the monitors to make sure his heart rate and blood pressure were stable. He was still running a fever of one hundred three.

"Iliana," Bucky muttered as he took my hand. He studied my bloodied knuckles from breaking Tony's arc reactor. "You should get this cleaned up."

"Not until I'm done with you," I replied as I moved my hand away. I started to clean the cut on his eyebrow. "Then, I'll deal with Rogers."

"Worry about yourself first," Steve said from the pilot's seat.

I rolled my eyes and continued cleaning Bucky's wounds. "Why didn't you tell me?"

He sighed, "I was going to when this was all over. I didn't know Zemo was going to use it against us. Iliana, I'm sorry."

I shrugged, scoffing to myself. "All this time I thought I remembered most of everything but today, I proven wrong. What else don't I remember?"

Bucky slowly sat up and pressed his forehead against mine. "It's going to be alright."

"I hope so. We could use a break." I looked at Bucky's vitals. "You still have a fever."

"What did you do when I got hurt? I felt the pain going away when you were holding me."

"I was taking it away," I answered him. "Eventually, I could learn how to use the world's feelings to heal, but that might take some time. I'm still trying to figure it out."

"Well, it helped me. The pain was still there, but it was manageable. I wonder what else you could do with your power now."

Not sure, but I guess I'm going to have some time to learn." I grabbed gauze and wiped the blood from his temple. After I finished cleaning him up, along with the medical table, I turned to Steve. "Rogers, you're next."

"Take care of your knuckles."

"I might have a bad ankle and a sore arm, but I'll kick your ass if you don't come here."

Bucky chuckled, "I think she means it, Steve."

Sighing, Steve made his way over to the medical table. Steve was easy to clean up since he just had a busted lip, bruised cheek, and a cut on the side of his head too. After I was done, I was hassled to clean up my knuckles. Steve also helped wrap my ankle. By the time we were all cleaned up, the jet sent an alert that we were almost there.

"Are you sure the coordinates are right?" I asked Steve when I looked outside the windows. "So far I don't really see any civilization. Just mountains and trees."

"It's whatever he put on the navigation," Steve replied. "I haven't touched it."

The jet started to descend, but there were so many trees. Steve sat down to handle to controls, but I stopped him. I saw something beyond the trees. It was strange. I could see the trees perfectly, but I could also see this transparent city. "There's something beyond those trees. Just let it go through."

"Iliana," Steve began.

"Steve, trust me."

Steve removed his hands from the controls. Sure enough, when we went through the trees it was only an illusion to reveal the city. "How did you know that was there?"

"I don't know. I just...I just saw it." I started to remember something Thor said when my powers became enhanced. "Curtain the truth..."

"What?"