Chapter 9

"Wow Ri. You look beautiful." I blushed and I think I could see a hint of pink on his cheeks. "Thank you Niall you look handsome yourself, but what are we doing.?" H laughed as he pinned the coursage on my chest, saying "You'll see beautiful. Just trust me." He winked and I could feel eyes on me. I turned and blushed as I saw all the boys and the girls staring at us. Niall help out and I reached up and grabbed it. He smiled as we walked out the door. I gasped as I saw the vehicle outside waiting for us..

The black stretch limo had a choffure waiting on us outside the door. I can't believe this is happening. What was he trying to do? "You ready for the best night of your life?" He said with a smile and kissing the side of my cheek. I nodded and climbed into the car.

I was so excited I didn't expect niall to be the one to show up. But then again who was I expecting? I sat in silence for a little while before he broke the silence. "You look really pretty tonight Ri." I smiled and blushed, glad it was dark in the car. "You look pretty good yourself." He smiled and brushed some hair out of my face. He signed and then told me, "I hope you have a really good time tonight. I have something I hope is amazing planned for tonight." He kissed my cheek and not 5 minutes later we arrived at a beautiful lake, one with lights spread throughout the water, and some hanging in the trees.

I was in shock. No one and I mean no one. Has ever done anything like this for me. Niall was trying to give me my own prom. It was beautiful. It took my breath away and I felt like I was in a dream there was quiet music playing from somewhere and I soon realized niall had hired my favorite band to play on a stage behind us.

"Niall," I breathed. "It's beautiful. Thank you.." He laughed before he turned to face me. "Not as beautiful as you. I want tonight to be perfect. I was going to get a theatre, but decided the stars would be better." If it had been a couple years ago, I would have kissed him right then and there. I knew what he was trying to do. Maybe, just maybe it would work. Maybe today would be the day I let guys into my life. If he cared enough to do all this, I don't see it going wrong.

I smiled as he took my hand and let me over to the dock which had a small boat waiting for us. "Would you like to dance?" He asked me as the music grew slightly louder. I blushed and shook me head before saying, "It would be my pleasure." I put my arms around his neck and he on my waste and I rested my head on his shoulder. The first song to play was my favorite song- I Will Follow You Into The Dark- he remembered my favorite song. I smiled as the night he sang it to me as I fell asleep came back to me.

Love of mine

Someday you will die

But I'll be close behind

Ill follow you into the dark

The blinding light

and tunnels to gates of white

With our hands clasped so tight

Waiting for a hint of a spark

If heaven and hell decide

That they both are satisfied

Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you

On your soul embark

Then I will follow you

Into the dark

He backed away and smiled then gestured to the boat which I noticed was also strung with lights. "Want to take a ride?" I smiled and grabbed his outstretched hand. He guided me onto the boat and then followed me on after untying the strings that held the boat to the dock. He started the engine and had us going a steady pace. The pond was large, enabling us to go for a while without stopping. After a few minutes, he stopped us in the center of the lake. He stood up and walked over to me, and grabbed my waist. He began humming my favorite song on the take me home album, Summer Love. After a Few more minutes, he grabbed my hands and looked deep into my eyes.

"Riley.. I know I have said it a million times already, but you know I love you. I love everything about you. I love your hair, your eyes, your smile, and your cute little nose. I want to be able to hold you and call you mine. I know your story, and I know it might be hard for you to do this. I want to show you what a real boyfriend is like. I want to show you how you deserve to be treated. I want to kiss you and take care of you when you're sick. I want you to feel the same about me. All that being said.. Riley, will you be my girlfriend?"

I didn't know what to say. I was so surprised by the question I could respond immediately. Should I do it? Is he really different than everybody else? I looked into his blue eyes and felt the butterflies start in my stomach. I smiled a little and pulled my hands out of his and wrapped them around his neck. We hugged for what felt like a life time before I finally pulled back.

"Yes Niall. Ill be your girlfriend." His eyes lit up and he smiled bigger than u had ever seen. "Oh Riley! I promise you won't regret it.." He grabbed my face before he crashed his lips down onto mine. He pulled away, "I love you Riley." He said breathily. "I love you too Niall." I kissed him this time. We started swaying to the music and hung out for a while on the boat. Eventually we headed back in and he guided me over to a table in front of the stage.

"Now for dinner." He said kissing my head. I smiled and sat down. "So you remember my favorite band huh?" I said with a smirk. He laughed "How could I forget You play it everyday!" He said. I hit him playfully across the table.

We ate dinner which was lovely. He had arranged for steaks and potatoes with lots of options for drinks - I chose the tea - and it tasted so good. I told him I was too full for desert and at that point it was time to leave. He escorted me to the vehicle which was now only a car. It was fine with me. He drove obviously. For the most part, it was a silent ride. He broke the silence again.

"So Riley.. About the upcoming tour and everyone having to leave.." My stomach dropped as I remembered that. My best friends and my boyfriend were leaving me. I would be alone for a long time. "Yeah.. I wish you didn't have to leave. Ill miss you so much.." I kissed his cheek and settled back into my seat.

"We'll that's what I wanted to talk to you about.. I'm just going to say it instead of rambling on.. Would you want to come along?" He held his breath and I smiled. "Can I really?" He laughed, "sure why not ? El and Dani go and if you are going, we can go back to London later in the week."

"Yay! Now I won't have to leave you!" I said. "You know, I was originally supposed to leave too, but I didn't want to leave you.." He said smiling. "Aww how nice." I said as we pulled into the driveway. "Want to stay the night? You can sleep in my room instead of the couch?" He winked. I rolled my eyes as I got out if the car, leaving him there as I walked into his house. I heard him laugh and run to catch up with me. The second I opened the door I was bombarded with people.

"How did it go?" "Are you guys a thing now?" "Did you have fun?" I laughed and they all looked at us expectantly. "Yes. Niall and I are together." They all cheered and hugged us.. More like attacked us and we sat down on the couch, this time it was okay for him to cuddle with me. I couldn't be happier, yet at the same time I was hoping I made the right choice..