Turning Red: The Anime (Ch. 5)

(Note: On mobile and really mentally exhausted lol)

(Third Person POV)
Imagine being stalked by the most praised girl in your school. For most people, it would be something heavenly. However, Agari isn't 'most people', she can't function properly when socially interacting with others. Oh well, we'll get back to her later.

Let's talk about you, the reader. You were really tired... Like really tired. You finally beat Supreme Calamitas after like the 63rd try. Your sister was just watching you die to the same bullet hell over and over again. Anyways, you were very tired and could barely stay awake in class. So when it was finally break, you instantly knocked yourself out.

???: L/N! You there?

Being disturbed in your sleep is annoying. Anyways, you open your eyes to find Onemine staring at you. You sit up and greet her.

Y/N: *yawn* Hello Onemine-san.

Onemine: Gosh, you look tired, are you okay?

Y/N: Yeah, just sleepy...

Onemine: Where were you yesterday?

Y/N: Oh, I just had to look after my parents' restaurant.

Onemine: Ah ok. Wanna do something later?

Y/N: Like what?

Onemine: I dunno, just something.

Just then, the both of you hear the sound of a very nervous... dog? You both turn to see Agari just standing at the doorway. She looks mortified, just as you thought someone couldn't get more scared, she looked to her side and looked like she'd just seen a ghost. She quickly turns to you guys and shouts.

Agari: 6th period gym is in class today!

She then runs off. You then see Komi in the hallway.

Y/N: Komi?

Onemine looks at you and Komi and seems to think.

Onemine: Actually... I gotta go now...

You're getting sleepy, you try to comprehend her words.

Y/N: Stay...

Onemine: Huh? What?

Y/N: Just stay.

Onemine smiles warmly at you. It felt strange, almost alienating to you.

You both just sit there. Before you pass out, you manage to say something.

Y/N: Why are you so nice to me...

Now you're gone... Onemine just looked at you. She smiled and started patting your head. She stayed with you for the remainder of the break.

(Random inconvenient Timeskip)

Cellphones are popular among kids these days. Life before cellphones were way better. Anyways, back to the cellphone, a lot of people use them to communicate with each other. Lonely people however, have little to no use for their cellphones when they're young.

Y/N: I'm gonna do it!

You were going to ask a girl for their number. No, you're not THAT confident yet, but you're trying to ask Onemine for their number.

Y/N: O-onemine... Can I uhhh...

You feel too nervous to say anything so you just pull out your phone. You point to it a lot hoping for her to catch on. She notices... and then an amused smirk cross her face.

Onemine: I can't understand you if you don't speak up~

That tone... It did something to you. You were red as hell and could barely say anything. You try to make out a couple of words.