Ethereal

Sarawat was tired right now. Thinking of new plot everytime wasn't easy nor was it enjoyable when your editor kept asking you to make it spicy. Not that he listened much to his editor anyway. He did what he liked to after all it's his book, it'll be the way he wants it to be. He was only 25 years old and had already 7 bestsellers under his alias, Starling. He hadn't revealed his identity to public yet and he prefered to keep it that way. He already was in too much spotlight anyway because of his parents.

His father is a businessman while his mother was a doctor, one of the best neurosurgeon in the country. She has just published a book in medical field and it was already a huge talk. Sarawat did some modeling work when he was in college so he was quite famous himself. He still did freelance work but decided to not commit to it full-time. It was a hassel that he wasn't ready for. Thankfully his parents supported his choice of career and were satisfied with that. It meant a lot to him that his parents loved reading his books and gave feedback to him while he worked on them. They were his first readers.

This time he had planned for quite different genre altogether. He mostly wrote rom-com and he was getting tired of that genre now. He needed a change so he decided to try BDSM this time. That required quite some research so he was going to start doing that. He had absolutely no idea about that lifestyle except what he had read in books and watched in movies. And he knew very well that they weren't anywhere near accurate. If he was going to write about it, it needed to be authentic not something built on misinformation. He was going to portray it in right way.

He was visiting his old time friend, Carson today. He was astonished when Carson contacted him after so many years. They hadn't been close friends even in school so it was totally out of blue. After they got talking he ended up telling him about his book and Carson offered to help. He arrived at Carson's house and from there they left to meet someone named, Brett. Carson claimed he was a someone who knew a lot about bdsm lifestyle since he was involved in it.

They reached his mansion and Sarawat was impressed. He took great care of his house because the interior was beautifully decorated. They met Brett and Sarawat felt his hackles rise which was ridiculous because he seemed like a kind and friendly person. It was one of those feeling when you have this gut instinct regarding someone you've just met. He chose to ignore it and soon they got talking.

Brett was really forthcoming with the details and very easy to talk to. It was time for dinner and that's when he saw Brett's submissive, Tine and to say he couldn't take his eyes off him wouldn't be a lie. Tine looked almost unreal, that's how beautiful he was. As they sat for dinner, Tine barely ate anything. He looked like he wasn't feeling comfortable. Brett was so attentive to his lover. He even fed him while making sure he felt comfortable with them.

Brett turned to Tine, "Babe, are you okay?"

"Y-Yes." Tine said and to Wat his voice sounded just as beautiful.

"Eat some more. You have hardly touched your food."

"Okay."

"You've lost so much weight. Eat more would you, bub?"

"I just don't feel well."

"Do you've fever? Are you coming down with flu?"

"No. Just feeling under the weather."

Brett asked, "Isn't he the cutest?"

"Yes, he is." Sarawat replied.

After dinner was over, they sat down for some coffee. Wat couldn't take his eyes off Tine. He looked timid and shy. Maybe he didn't talk to people much. He was dressed in expensive clothes but he looked uncomfortable in them still he looked absolutely beautiful in them. Tine hardly said a word. It was mostly Brett talking about their lives together and it sounded perfect. Brett seemed to be head over heels for Tine but he didn't get the same vibes from Tine. Tine hadn't even cracked a smile since he came to meet them. He kept looking at Brett for instructions as to what to do next which seemed normal in their relationship but to Wat it looked weird.

While they were talking Tine moved to stand up and knocked over the cups and it shattered on the floor. Not a big deal, right? But the look on Tine's face told an entirely different story. Brett quickly went to his side and kept asking him if he was okay but the way Tine looked at Brett it could only be described as absolute terror and that made Wat suspicious. Why would he be so scared for knocking over some cups? And Brett wasn't even angry, in fact he looked worried about Tine.

They bid them goodnight and drove away but the entire time, Wat couldn't get Tine out of his mind. His expressions weren't of someone madly in love. He looked terrified and Wat suspected it was because of Brett though he had no way of knowing that. Maybe he's overthinking this. If he wasn't happy, he wouldn't be living together with Brett. He shouldn't think too much about this.

All he needed to focus on was his novel. He had got a lot of insight into bdsm lifestyle thanks to Brett. Once he got into writing he shut out everything and maybe that would be good because he needed to get Tine out of his mind. He shouldn't be thinking too much about someone else's boyfriend. It wasn't right. Maybe he needed to start dating too. It's been a while since he had a boyfriend. His last relationship was a year ago. He had indulged in lot of one night stands since then but they were getting boring now. He wanted the love story he wrote about all the time.