Just A Toy

Warning- Sensitive Content (attempted suicide)

Tine was doing laundry when Gulf started calling him. At first Tine just ignored him because that's what Tine did most of the time. He tried to ignore the fact that Gulf was living under the same roof. He thought as long as he could feign ignorance to it, it may actually become reality. In back of his mind, he did realize that his utter dislike for Gulf was unwarranted and absurd. Not that he cared to admit it or do anything about it.

"Tine, are you deaf? I have been calling your name for so long." Gulf said as he entered the bathroom.

" ..... "

"Are you ignoring me again?"

"..... "

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing. Now leave me alone." Tine said.

"Why-"

"Stop being repetitive. I've told you many times that I don't like talking or even associating with you so just keep your distance."

"It's not like your company is anywhere near scintillating either." Gulf retorted.

"Then-"

"Wat wants to ask you something."

"Then why are you here?"

"To let you know that. Why? Did you want your boyfriend to be the one coming to get you?"

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Oh really? You were cuddling quite affectionately with your not-my-boyfriend." He teased Tine.

"Shut up."

"Like hell I will." Gulf poked out his tongue in teasing manner.

"You're like a kid."

"You're like an old man."

Tine went to Wat's study room and knocked at the door.

"Come in, Tine. You don't have to knock."

"It's a habit."

"Okay, so I needed to know something. Do you have any family members? Anyone we could inform about your wellbeing. I mean-"

"There's no one."

"Huh?"

"I'm an orphan."

"Any relatives?"

"I have only an aunt who doesn't care whether I'm alive or dead."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Doesn't matter. Is there any news of master?"

"Don't." Wat said suddenly angry.

Tine was confused at sudden change in the atmosphere, "What?"

"Don't call that scum, master. He doesn't own you. You're a free person, Tine."

"Not until he's in prison. He can find me as long as he is out."

"He won't. I give you my words. And it's not just words that I can give you. I'm taking actions to make sure he can never touch you again."

"Hmm."

Wat changed the subject, "What do you want to eat for lunch today?"

"Anything."

"Oh come on, Tine. Demand something."

"I'm in no position to demand anything from you." With that said Tine went back to doing laundry.

Wat sighed softly. He knew it wouldn't be easy to get Tine to open up but it was harder than he had thought. Though Tine looked completely okay from outside, he knew that wasn't the case. He was pretty good at reading people but Tine was quite elusive in his eyes. As for Gulf, he was getting worried day by day. To an outsider, Gulf would look like a strong person who had moved on from his painful past and was living happily but Wat could see the cracks widening slowly and it scared him.

He was aware of the fact that both Tine and Gulf needed psychiatric help, just their words could not heal the trauma that both of them had gone through. It required professional help which they could not afford at the moment because going out of the vacation house was not an option and bringing a doctor into the vacation house could prove dangerous since they were not sure what Brett was planning. He needed to talk to Mew regarding this.

At that moment Mew came barging into the room, "Wat, did you talk with the Chief prosecutor?"

"Yes, he's not sure about this yet. We need to get more evidence before they can apply for the warrant."

"That's a bummer. It's hard getting any evidence since we are locked in this house. I'll talk to some of the guys I know from the gang-"

"Mew, don't involve dangerous people."

"They aren't dangerous. I used to be part of that gang, Wat. They will help me surely and you know we can't go about this using law. We need to get our hands dirty."

"I know, law isn't on our side but we can't just use wrong means."

"Wrong? Those guys kept people as slaves. I would say they've it coming."

"Let me think about it. Mew, we need to talk."

"We are talking."

"About Gulf."

Mew jolted in surprise, "What about him? Did something happen?"

"No, but I think you should keep your distance from him."

Mew asked confused, "Why?"

"Can't you see how utterly dependent he is on you?"

"So, what's wrong with that?"

"Do you love him? Like really love him? Or is it just sympathy on your part?"

Mew thought for a moment, "I'm not sure. He's just like a kid. I like taking care of him."

"But he loves you. And that too because you saved him. He's not thinking straight. He had been through hell and you got him out of it so he's clinging on you." Wat tried to make him understand.

"I don't mind him clinging onto me."

"That's not the issue here. Emotional and physical dependency is making Gulf think of you as his master. He's just replacing Paul with you."

"How do you know that?" Mew asked.

"He refers to you as master when you aren't around. It's not okay. He needs to realize he's not anyone's slave anymore. He needs to understand that he's free and his own person. No one owns him."

"I understand that but I'm not playing around, Wat. I know I'm a playboy but I know when to draw the line. I can see how fragile Gulf is and trust me anything I do for him is not out of pity. I genuinely like the guy and I want to be by his side as he heals along the way."

"Then I'm glad he has you by his side." Wat smiled.

Gulf had been standing outside the study room listening to their conversation. He ran away when he heard Mew say he just saw him as a kid. That broke his heart. He loved Mew so much but in his eyes he was just a kid. Of course someone like Mew wouldn't love or even like a broken toy like him. Mew was beautiful and strong like a God, he was definitely above him in all aspects. He was the foolish one to even dream of having a being so perfect as his lover. How could he forget everything Paul had taught him? He was a worthless toy only good to be used, he was below humans and worse than even animals. He should remember it well.

He went to the kitchen and grabbed the knife. He stared at it for few minutes and wondered why hadn't he thought of this before. He should have just killed himself and all the pain would have ceased. They say death is peaceful. He should have done this long ago and spared himself all the suffering and grief. He was nothing more than a disappointment to everyone. Did Mew regret saving him? He must. He wasn't pretty or smart. He was a dumb toy who couldn't do anything on his own. With that thought, Gulf slashed his wrist.