Lots of Food and Love

After long hours in afternoon, Mew and Wat finally collapsed on the couch tired from baking cupcakes. It was harder than they had imagined but surprisingly enough Tine and Gulf were really good at it. They had baked quite a lot and wondered if they could even finish them all. Tine and Gulf were busy decorating fresh batch of cupcakes.

"It's ready let's eat them." Tine called from the kitchen.

Wat's eyes sparkled in pure joy

Wat's eyes sparkled in pure joy. He loved anything sweet and these looked divine. They ate the cupcakes with great gusto. Mew got a call from the men he had sent to infiltrate Brett's mansion. They had acquired some classified information regarding Brett and his illegal activities. As soon as Mew received the documents, he went over them with Wat. They had gotten their hands on some serious stuff, tax invasion, overseas paper company, embezzlement of millions and a memory card that had videos of Brett torturing Tine. That scum liked to keep the record of everytime he hurt Tine.

It was more than enough to guarantee Brett served some serious jail time. They compiled all the data and sent it to Wat's father and prosecution. Rest of the things their lawyer would handle perfectly. Wat was glad things were working out for them. Tine had fallen asleep on couch so Wat carried him to the bed. He stared lovingly at the boy sleeping peacefully, like a huge weight has been taken off his shoulder. Wat wished to show Tine all the wonderful things in the world, he wanted to give this anything he asks for. Maybe now he would be able to do it after Brett is behind the bars.

It took almost a week for prosecution to go through the evidences and get a warrant for Brett but unfortunately by that time he had run away. They seized his mansion and searched thoroughly but couldn't find him. They got enough evidences to arrest Paul and few other people involved with him. Police had been reluctant to co-operate as they had taken bribe as well but Chief of police decided it was good opportunity to put all the blame on Brett since he wasn't there to refute it.

While the trial of Paul was going on, Tine and Gulf were asked to be the witness. At first, they were to scared to agree. Wat had enquired about written statement they could give but prosecutor insisted on having both of them in the court. After thinking a lot about it, Tine and Gulf agreed. They wanted to make sure these people never got out of jail and their testimony was a key evidence. It was first time Tine had stepped inside a court. He was really nervous and scared but Wat was by his side, squeezing his hand to calm him.

When it was Gulf's chance to give the testimony, he absolutely freezed. He couldn't look at anyone. It was intimidating and nerve wrecking. He glanced at Mew and collected himself together. He has to do it, he couldn't give up now. Questions weren't anything difficult, he answered most of them smoothly. When he was recounting how Paul treated him, he could feel his emotions getting all over the place, it was overwhelming to remember all those times again and again. Thankfully, it ended soon enough and he almost collapsed in Mew's arms.

Tine gave his testimony, telling about times he had been confined there. It wasn't easy but he was determined to get through this. They came back in evening and went to their rooms. Tine and Gulf were more subdued than normal and it worried Wat. They didn't want to eat anything. He could understand how emotionally taxing this all must've been but at least it was coming to an end. Only thing worrying him was Brett disappearance. Police still hadn't caught him yet and it was unsettling for Wat. As long as that man was out there he couldn't calm down. God knows what he must be planning.

Wat's parents had decided to visit them on the weekend. They had been dying to see their son and Mew and of course the boys that had stirred their sons feelings so much. Wat told them that his parents would be here on Saturday morning and could see Tine and Gulf panic.

"Guys, it's okay. My parents would absolutely adore you both." Wat reassured them.

"I don't think so. We kinda put you in danger. They must hate us." Tine said.

"Tine, that's not true. It was my decision and my parents respect that."

"Still-"

"Bub, it's okay. Don't fret too much. It's going to be alright."

They arrived early in the morning. Tine and Gulf were still sleeping when they arrived. Wat's mother, Penelope got busy with cooking. She loved cooking for her sons. She made a hearty meal and Wat went to wake up Tine. Soon they were sitting around the dinning table.

Tine kept fidgeting nervously

Tine kept fidgeting nervously. Penelope noticed it immediately and decided to put him at ease.

"Tine, sweetheart calm down. We won't eat you. Relax and eat your food."

"Thanks for the food, maam."

"Oh dear, don't call me ma'am. That makes me feel old."

"You're old." Mew said.

"Gulf dear, would you mind smacking him for me."

"Of course not." And he smacked Mew on head.

"Ow. Mom how could you let him beat your son?"

Gulf was confused, "Isn't she Wat's mother?"

"She's my mother in all sense except biologically." Mew said.

"What about your parents?" Gulf asked.

"Mew lost his parents when we were in college." Wat explained.

"Oh sorry."

"It's fine babe. I almost grew up at Wat's house. These two are more than my parents. They've always been by my side through worst and best of my life."

"You're just so easy to love, Mew. It was never hard loving you." Wat's father said.

"Still you loved someone who was a delinquent. I was type of boy parents warned their sons to stay away from."

"You made my son smile. Anyone who can make Wat smile is important for us." Penelope said sweetly.

"You stood up for Wat when no one else would. I still remember how he came running back home crying and smiling saying he made his first friend."

"He really was a crybaby." Mew sighed dramatically.

"Really?" Tine asked.

"Oh Tine, let me tell you all the embarrassing stories of Wat."

"Mom, please." Wat whined.