End Of Something

"Tine we need to talk." Wat said hesitantly.

"Okay." Tune sighed tiredly.

"It's.... I... I have been quite distant with you lately.... It's just too much right now and I'm not blaming you, Tine-"

"I know. You don't have to explain yourself to me, Wat. You've done more than enough for me."

"It's not that..... I..... This isn't how I expected it to turn out..... It's driving me crazy. I really want to keep you by my side but it's hard. I don't know what to do." Wat bit his lips in an attempt to keep tears at bay.

Tine looked at the man who had been nothing short of savior for him, "Wat, I understand and it's fine. The way things turned, we couldn't have done anything. I feel really guilty-"

"Don't Tine. Please don't. I never said this to make you feel guilty. I know it's not your fault. I freaking know that but.... I miss her. I miss her so much, Tine." Wat broke down. Tine wrapped his arms around Wat.

"My father said really hurtful things but he's just in pain. I hope you won't be angry with him."

"Never. I understand your father. I kinda get his point. I understand his anger as well. Anyone would react like that. He lost his wife, of course he's angry. "

"I didn't think we would end up like this." Wat said softly.

Tine smiled sadly, "I know. It's okay, Wat. You've done more than enough. I'm not your burden to carry."

"You were never a burden for me."

"Because you are too kind. People like you, I never thought they existed. Thanks for making me believe there is still kindness left in the world. You mean so much to me."

"I wasn't trying to be kind. You just are too precious to not save."

"Now Wat, save your family. Your Dad needs you the most right now so stand by his side. Mew and you have to be there for each other. You did a lot for me and Gulf. We can take care of ourselves now. You don't have to worry about us anymore."

Wat looked at him with worried eyes, "How will you manage out there?"

"We will like everyone else. We'll get used to it eventually."

"Tine." Just one word filled with so much emotions.

"It's okay. I understand, Wat, more than you would know."

"I wish this wasn't our end."

"Everything comes to an end. It doesn't have to be bad. Our story could only go so far."

Gulf was packing his bag like Tine had told him to. There wasn't much to take since they didn't have lot of stuff to begin with. They would be leaving tomorrow. For where? He had no idea. Tine had assured him he would handle everything. Mew knocked at the door startling Gulf.

"Gulf? Can I talk with you?"

"Y-Yes." They hadn't talked since that incident.

"Are you okay? I didn't even ask you how you were after coming back from hospital."

"I'm o-okay." Gulf stammered.

"You're packing?"

"Yes. We are leaving."

"For where?"

"I don't know." He mumbled.

"Oh."

They were silent for few seconds not knowing what to say. It was awkward between them. There was too much feelings and hurt involved to forget. It was hard to put it all in words. Maybe with time they would get better, get accustomed with the way things are but at that very moment it was hard to do that.

"I'm sorry." Gulf broke the silence.

"Huh?"

"For everything. I'm sorry that all I can do is apologize."

"Gulf, it's.... " Mew wanted to say it's okay but it wasn't, not for him at least. He couldn't comfort Gulf neither could he let him do that. He felt stuck and could see no way out. A part of him wished they had never met, he had never saved Gulf, never gotten involved in this mess but a little tiny part was glad he had met Gulf. Of course in back of his mind he knew that it wasn't really anyone's fault other than Brett. Brett was the only one responsible for Penelope's death. But he couldn't stop himself from wondering about what if.

What if he had never met Gulf? What if they had never decided to fight against Brett? He could only imagine how different their lives would be right now but these were just longings. There was no point in wondering about something that was already gone. Derek's words still resonated in his head. He knew Derek blamed him as well and he had right to. That was the problem, everything made sense but still there was nothing they could do. Everyone was hurting and their pain was valid but they couldn't comfort each other. Even though it wasn't anyone's fault still they all were responsible for it.

"Mew?"

"Take care, Gulf. Don't get in trouble."

Gulf's heart constricted at those words, they sounded like goodbye. A very painful goodbye. "I won't. Mew.... Can.... Can I h-hug you for the l-last time?"

Mew opened his arms and Gulf immediately embraced him. He squeezed him tightly hoping the world would stop at that very moment and never move on. Mew kissed Gulf on the top of his head wishing this wasn't their end. Next morning, Tine and Gulf left the house. Wat had given Tine money so that they could sustain themselves until they found a job. Tine wanted to refuse but he knew they would on streets without any money.

Wat, Mew and Derek returned to Bangkok next day. Everyone returned to their normal routine. Wat wanted to keep in touch with Tine because he couldn't help worrying about his safety but they had decided to break all ties. It was better that way. Still Wat had given Tine and Gulf phone with his number saved, in case they ever needed his help. He wondered if they will ever cross paths again. Maybe not but if they ever did, what would it be like?