Lost Freedom

Wat was driving as fast as he could. He knew they were being followed and it was only few minutes before they got caught that's why he had prepared something else too. He drove them to the airport. They were leaving Bangkok immediately. Staying there would get them in trouble eventually. They needed to be as far away from Brett as much possible before they had any means of taking him down. He would have prefered to leave the country but Gulf and Tine didn't have passports.

They got rid of the men following them as they boarded Wat's private plane and left for Chiang Rai. Wat had a vacation house there where they could hide for now. Tine and Gulf hadn't said a word since they got in the car. Wat couldn't help but steal glances at Tine sitting in the backseat. He looked quite uninterested in everything happening around him but Wat knew it must be facade to keep himself safe. He wanted to talk to him but right now wasn't an ideal time. He wasn't even sure what would he say to Tine but he wanted to hear his voice. As soon as they reached the house, the servants started preparing the meal as Wat took them to their rooms.

"Tine would you like to share the room with Gulf?"

"No."

"I don't want to be with you either." Gulf retorted.

"Okay." Wat and Mew shared a look. Things didn't seem cordial between Gulf and Tine.

Tine was still processing everything in his mind. He sat for God knows how long in the bathroom before he heard Wat knocking at the door calling him for the lunch. He finished his bath quickly and wore the clothes Wat had given him, they were too big on his small frame but that hardly mattered right now. The dinning table was laden with scrumptious dishes and desserts, things he had only dreamed of eating but he wasn't sure he could stomach anything right now.

Gulf was scarfing down the food like he had never eaten before which was true in this case. Tine sat down beside Wat and stared at the plate full of food. He could feel Wat's eyes on him and it only helped his annoyance and anger surge again.

"Why did you bring me here?" He asked after a while.

"We were trying to save you and Gulf-"

"I never asked you to save me, did I?"

"Yeah but Gulf called Mew telling us about everything. We couldn't ignore it."

"I don't care what Gulf told you or why you decided to do this. I have to go back."

Wat's eyes widened in disbelief, "What? Why?"

"Because what you did is kidnapping. I need to go back."

"We saved you and instead of being grateful you're being unreasonable." Mew said.

"Saved me? I didn't need any saving. I was fine there. Don't jump to conclusion just because this idiot sprouted some bullshit." Tine said in frustration.

Gulf was red with anger, "Idiot? Because of me you're free from that jerk. I risked my life to get us out of that hell."

Tine rolled his eyes, "You are an idiot if you think we are free. You shouldn't have involved me in your pathetic charade."

"Tine, I know you must be scared but let's not fight." Wat said.

"I don't want to have anymore discussion with you people. Send me back."

"Why? We didn't get you out of there just to send you back." Wat said exasperatedly.

"Because you messed up everything. I was fine with the life I had."

"I wouldn't call it life with things Brett made you do." Gulf said.

"Shut up."

"Or what? Why are you behaving like this?"

"I don't own an explanation to you guys. You dragged me out of there without my permission. You do realize what you did is a crime, right?" Tine said venomously.

"Woah, here we risked so much to save you and you're threatening us?" Mew said in anger.

"I'm-"

"You guys should have left him there. I only asked you to save me." Gulf turned to Mew.

"Exactly. That would have been better." Tine said.

"Tine, calm down." Wat tried to cool him down.

"Why should I calm down?"

"Why don't you eat first? We can talk later."

"I'm not hungry." Tine refused immediately.

"Tine-"

"Stop saying my name like that."

"Like what?"

"Like I'm acting like a brat."

Gulf scoffed, "You are."

"Gulf, stop." Mew ordered him in strict voice. That silenced Gulf immediately.

"Tine, can you be honest with us? Why are you insisting on going back?" Wat asked gently.

".... "

Tine wasn't sure what to say. He was scared out of his wits. He could very well imagine how livid Brett must be right now. The moment he got his hands on Tine, he's going to hurt him worse than ever. Tine knew what was in store for him once he got back and he was syre Brett would find him one way or the other. They couldn't keep running away forever and how long would Wat be willing to help him. If he was going to get caught anyway, he wanted to go back on his own, maybe Brett wouldn't hurt him that bad since he came back by himself. He had learnt to never believe things as they were. Nothing was that simple in life.

On the top of that how could he even be sure of Wat's intention. Why was he helping them? What did he gain by doing all this? Tine refused to believe they just came running because Gulf called them. Who does that? What sort of person would even believe something like that? Wat and Mew definitely had some ulterior motive, he just wasn't sure what it was. He couldn't put his trust in complete strangers. Maybe this was all a test planned by Brett? Could that be it? What was he supposed to do then? Should he run away? Or should he leave it all to fate?