Piece Of Cake

A week after the interview, Shoto finally got a notification confirming or denying his stay at the job. And the results turned to be... A YES! He jumped in joy as he let out a few happy squeels. He got the job, he got the job!! Could you believe that!? He fucking did it!!

He had to tell this to Mysta who was passed out on the bed- Okay, well he can inform him another time. Maybe when his friend wasn't so...hungover- But he doesn't care! His first day will start in two days, exactly on monday and he's fucking pumped.

Too pumped cause now he can't sleep. It's 5 am and he hasn't gotten a hint of shut eye the entire night. This'll fuck him off soon and he knows it but he can't sleep when he also slays Demons in the morning till afternoon. Guess he'll just try to sneak in a few naps here and there and wish for the best.

____________________

It was finally Monday and his dream of getting a job is now coming true. He didn't really know what to bring so he just packed some extra clothes just incase food spills on him and his important accessories which included his dagger.

He rushed to the bus station which further led him to.. Fire Spirit restaurant. Odd name but I guess it did fit the theme of the restaurant. Red and firey, almost feels like hell if he's honest-

He went in the restaurant to be greeted with fire. Chiefs fucking cooking live with FIRE amongst the people eating. This restaurant insane?! You know how much safety violations this broke by just a simple entrance?!

He was in absolute disbelief before he got yanked to the side and was brought to the kitchen. Shoto let out a small huh before looking to his right, It was a brunette male that was about an inch shorter than Shoto. Holy fuck a person shorter than Shoto- he can die peacefully now without fuckers taunting him for being "short" when he was at average height for a male!

"Hi, name's Shu! I'll be helping you with catering and being a waiter" He smiled as he raised a hand for a handshake which Shoto shook back politely. "Hello, I'm Shoto. Thank you" He also said with a smile, maybe it was cause Mysta told Shoto religiously to NOT flirt at first impression was having an affect on him.

"The restaurant has been a bit more busier and chaotic, so this isn't really easy level of catering hah-" Shu said, laughing at the end to try and lighten the mood. Man, if he's saying this then maybe working here would be much harder than he thought it would be.

"Oh okay, thank you for telling me in advance. I'll just do anything you tell me to and consider it done, don't worry!" Shoto spoke back, reassuring the brunette a bit with a genuine smile before getting interrupted by another party member.

"And who do we have here?" Huh, a familiar voice.. Shoto looked up and saw.. What was his name again? Void? Box? Vox- YEAH, VOX! It was Vox, alright. He internally sighed in relief when he remembered the black haired boys name before making eye contact with him.

Up-close in view, he seemed way more intimidating than in the interview but Shoto wouldn't pussy out just because of that. "Oh, hello sir or.. Chef?" He questioned at the end of his sentence with a tilted head. "Yes, Chef Akuma would be much appreciated." He said in a husky voice before patting a hand on Shoto's hair and ruffling it a bit.

The lavender haired boy just let out a small 'wha' before looking at Shu who was just giving a small smile to Shoto and mouthing the words 'He does that' and giving him an okay hand gesture before leaving.

Wha- No way in hell Shu is leaving Shoto with Chef Akuma- Aannd he just did. Shu went to the other side of the kitchen as it seemed to be unoccupied until he came. Now it was basically just him and Chef Akuma.

"So, you must be the new rookie waiter here, I presume?" The chef asked, almost in a taunting manner that reminded Shoto too much of Mysta.

He forced a grin before responding. "Mhm yes, a rookie."  Anyone with eyes can tell that Shoto wasn't that happy with that title as he was never a guy to be good at hiding his emotions. Akuma just let out a small chuckle before patting the boy's head once more and leaving.

Shoto let out a small 'ugh' before fixing his ruffled hair that frizzed up a bit. God, the first few minutes of his day at work and that Chef bitch already sets him off a bad taste on his tongue.

He walked over to Shu who seemed to be organizing some materials for future dishes as he whispered. "Hey so, has Chef Akuma always been that teasy or am I hallucinating things?" He asked with a hand covering a side of his cheek as if he was in kindergarden and spoiling some juicy rumors around school.

Shu just laughed as he covered his mouth mid-way. "PFT! He's always like that, he likes teasing people he find interesting. He did it to me, he's just buttering you up to have a better mood later on, ya know?" The brunette reassured before resuming to his work.

"Alright.. Thanks, Shu." Shoto responded, still skeptical before the boy gave him orders. "Mhm, maybe you should start your job, rookie. There's some plates with food already there, they have the name of the people and the number of the table. Hope that makes it easier" He said as he looked back at the veggies he was gonna soon cut.

Shoto gave two alright's as he carried the plates with ease, being a Demon Slayer does give a lot more advantages when it came to quick moving with fragile objects. Heh, he can say that he has quite a good start if he doesn't say so himself.

This'll be a piece of cake!