Awh, You're Flustered!

Shoto sighed and closed his eyes tightly. He really didn't wanna face the chef.. Even thinking about his face pisses him off in an equal amount. But he had to do what he had to do, thus finally fixing his posture and holding in a breath. He turned around and saw the tall man with a big fucking smirk on his face.

"I knew you'd come around to look at me eventually." He said, his lips in a curved up manner as one of his brows went down and the other up. Almost eyeing Shoto as if he was some sort of prey.

The purple haired boy scoffed before raising his hands to his cheeks. "Aha awe.You caught me, I was bound to look at your lovely  face." He said, almost gritting his teeth on the last sentence. Complimenting someone you hate or despise isn't really Shoto's thing.

As much as he probably tried to hide his hatred and rage, Vox saw right through to him. Laughing to himself before inching closer to the shorter boy, having his arms behind his back like some sort of fancy prince walking up to their princess. All he needed to do is bow and kiss Shoto's hand and they'd officially look like a couple in a ballroom, ready to dance and everything.

"Why thank you, Shoto." Vox exclaimed. "You're quite cute yourself." He said, smiling proudly as he watched the boy's cheeks flush with a red hue all the way to his ears.

He barked out a laugh and began to tease Shoto. "Aww.. You're flustered!" He said, poking the boy's cheek with his long slim fingers and black painted nails. His pale white skin didn't contrast much to Shoto's snowy white skin.

Shoto just stood there for a second or two before finally processing what he was getting mocked for. "H-HEY WAIT NO—" He yelled, smacking the poking hand away from his face and grabbing it in the process. Now his hand was intertwined with Vox's more bigger and larger hand as he didn't notice the action he had done but just continued arguing to the demon.

"I am not flustered!" He yelled, almost inching closer since his yelling took out from his chest voice for him. Vox squeezed on Shoto's hand lightly before commenting back. "Sure, and I'm a demon. See how obvious it is when one lies?" The raven haired boy suggested, having a hand covering his chin as he chuckled.

Shoto raised an eyebrow for a split second before not paying any mind to the comment Vox just said. He couldn't possibly be a demon, right? No- He shook the thought out of his mind, resuming back to the banter.

"Oh! And I'm a demonslayer. See how obvious lies can be, Mr. Demon??" He said, he didn't know why he said that. His comeback didn't even make sense half the time but luckily, Vox always played along. Toying with Shoto bit by bit.

After a few exchanges of words, Vox finally put an end to their tease. Raising his hand that was holding Shoto's and briefly pointing it out for the boy to realize and most likely get embarrassed over. "I'd love to chat with you more, Shoto but shouldn't you be doing that 'extra labor' that you appointed yourself?" He said with a smile and a brow raised.

"Oh yeah." Shoto said before noticing that he initiated to hold Vox's hand mid-way through his sentence. "I— since how long was I holding your hand?!" He yelped, removing it as quick as he can when he first noticed. Rubbing his hand along to his other as if he was trying to get rid of Vox's germs.

The chef hummed. "It started when I said you were flustered." He said with a smooth smile that plastered his face. "I was surprise you didn't feel my finger circling your hand throughout our whole arguement." Vox added, knowing full well that it would cause Shoto to freak out even more.

"You- You knew and didn't tell me?!" He yelled in disbelief.

The raven haired male only nodded. "Yeah, I figured I would get a better reaction from you if our hands stayed holding for a bit."

Oh, this fuck knew exactly  what he was doing. Fully aware of the shit that gets Shoto riled up about.

"Well, I won't give you a reaction then, dickhead." He said.

Oops. Looks like his habit of insulting people with inappropriate "petname" slipped out.

He quickly shut his mouth and clasped his hands over his lips. He did not  just let that slip out to his boss.

But it did. It slipped out of his mouth and the moment of him saying "dickhead" played over and over his head for a while before Vox laughed.

Shoto perked up and lowered his hands down a bit towards his neck area to see his boss laughing with a hand to the brim of his hair as he crunched it up and made a little ball of hair inside his palm.

His black locks of hair just trailed his back as he sighed, taking one last laugh before looking at Shoto. "It's okay, big man. Shu accidentally called me a bitch on his first day. We don't hold grudges here nor get offended by those. We encouraged it, don't worry Shoto." He reassured all the thoughts Shoto had in mind. It gave a sense of peace in his mind for a bit.

He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck before smiling. "God, thanks— I needed that.. You know how long I've been hesitating on calling you those??" He admitted, no shame whatsoever in that confession.

The chef laughed. "Shoto, you've only been here for 2-3 days.. You waiting to insult me wasn't so long." He said. Which was true- Shoto barely knew anyone and he hadn't even reached the one week mark yet.

He scoffed, shrugging off and grabbing a broom. "I'm gonna start cleaning.. You should go home." He said, it was getting late and he already took half of Vox's leaving time because of the banter.

Vox just hummed. "And you?"

"Hm?" Shoto looked at him, still sweeping the floor.

The demon continued. "And you? It's late out, you can do your cleaning tomorrow morning."

Shoto smiled back briefly. "It's fine, I can take care of myself. Don't worry about it!" He said, though he did want Vox to stay longer.. For company, you know? But he knew that was selfish of him to want— especially since his boss has a life outside of the restaurant.

The chef just stared before shrugging and getting a chair. Shoto walked as his boss sat down and grabbed a book. "..Are you just gonna.. stay here like that?-" He asked.

Vox nodded. "Well, figured you might want some company.. Or not, I can leave if you want-"

Shoto yelled out with an instant 'no'. To be honest, he was also shocked by how fast of a response he did of denying Vox leaving- He didn't know if he just wanted company or if Vox started to warm up to him.

He didn't know and didn't wanna know. So, he continued sweeping to his hearts content.

It was all silence for a bit untill..