Time Flies when You're with Someone You Like!

Sitting down to the other's dinner table, Vox finally broke the silence. "So, you're probably wondering why Mysta and Luca were in the picture, aren't you?" Taking the words right out of Shoto's mouth, the slayer nodded while chewing on the deliciois omelette.

"Well.." Vox started. "We were all highschool buddies but Luca and Mysta decided to pick a different career path while me, Ike and Shu decided to stick together." He explained, it made more sense when Vox explained it.

But why hadn't Mysta told Shoto any of this? Was it a secret of sorts? An unspoken rule he didn't know anything of??

"I do recall him mentioning he had a friend with purple hair but I always assumed it was Uki." He smiled, taking a bite from his freshly cooked omelette.

Oh right, Shoto never went to highschool. He didn't have the money nor the time to, to be honest. All he did while Mysta was gone was find more guildies and train 24/7. He had a lonely life as some would tell him.

But he was happy with his so-called 'lonely' life because he wasn't lonely at all! Even when Mysta was gone, he had Ether and his dagger by his side. The only one who stayed with him till the ends of the Earth. His beloved Ether.

He grasped at his thigh to feel the presence of the warm blade. It's been flaming hot for days now! And Shoto didn't know where the damn source was coming from.

He knew it was a demon since it only ever shined like that when one was nearby and it burned like hell  right now. He'll find it one day, he should just enjoy Vox's presence for now.

Shoto hummed with a smile. "Hmm.. Yeah, I never really went to school pft-" He joked, making it as lighthearted as possible but eyes of concern washed over the other's face.

"Did you drop out?" He asked, trying to not be insensitive in any way, shape or form.

The slayer scoffed a laugh. "Pft! God, no! I never  went to highschool, Vox." A few giggles were laced at the end of his words and sentence.

This wasn't such a lauging matter to Vox. Just what has happened for his boy to be like this?

"Wait- Don't tell me where you live in some sort of orphanage??"

"WHAT- VOX, NO!!" Shoto practically barked back as he watched his friend's face get more and more confused.

Shoto bursted out laughing. He swears this was the most out of it Vox as ever looked in his entire life. This was a prized and priceless moment! Shoto will sure to treasure such a scene he just witnessed.

He snorted. "It's complicated and a long story, I don't think you nor I have the time for that pfft." He laughed it off. Partially because he couldn't think of an excuse just yet.

He added. "But don't worry! It isn't some traumatic shit, far from it!" He lied. Oh how he fucking lied and he knew damn well that his life was nothing but  traumatic.

The chef relaxed a bit after the reassurance with his shoulders lowering and his face being less tense. He properly doesn't believe it's something 'not traumatic' but it wasn't his right nor life to decide whether it was some deep-rotted childhood trauma.

They just continued eating the now half-cold omelette on their plates.

-x-

Weirdly enough, the day seemed to have turned to night as both agreed that time flew by fucking fast.

"Holy shit! It's already 10 pm? Fuck- I remembered it being 3 or something! How could I have let this slip-" Shoto cursed to himself after realizing the pickle he got himself in.

"Vox, thank you so much for the meal and entertainment but I should really head home-"

"Home? In the middle of the night by yourself? I'd rather take you there than leaving you out alone." Vox being the voice of reason, spoke.

He did have a point but wouldn't it be a bit too much to stay over? I mean- It's not that  dark... yet..

Okay fine! It may have been a tad too dark to be claimed as 'safe'. But what other choice does he have!?

"Just stay over for the night, okay?"

"God, Vox—''

"You know well enough that I won't take no as an answer in these type of circumstances." He interrupted Shoto once more to snap him out of his reckless impulsive thoughts.

Uuughh!!! He hates how right Vox can be sometimes. Fucking big brained buffoon! So annoying.

Shoto whined. "Uughh.. Fine. But let me sleep on the couch." He offered, trying to bargain out a one-sided deal.

"Fine by me." Vox agreed, he knew that his sofa wasn't all that bad and could surely fit two Shoto's in it so space wasn't a problem. "But you can always come in my room whenever you want, got it?" He added.

Shoto nodded in affirmation. Not like he'd go to Vox's room. He had no reason to so what's the fuss? He slipped the thought away and shoved it at the back of his mind.

"It's settled then. I'll take a shower, you do whatever you want while I'm occupied." Giving his full trust to the slayer, he hopped in the bathroom and started bathing.

Shoto could hear the shower head being used through the walls. That reminded him, he should wash his face before heading to bed.

He walked towards the kitchen sink and began rinsing his face. The cool cold water touched his smooth pale skin.

Ah, now this is the relaxing stuff. He could just float all day in a body of water without a care in the world. Something he wants and plans to do atleast once in his lifetime. It's in his bucket list for sure.

Finally done, he reached for a towel and patted his face gently. He remembered doing so because Uki scolded him on how harshly he would dry his face. He can still hear that fucker's voice a mile away.

Welp, time to sleep! He crashed onto the oddly soft sofa which he wasn't expecting at all. He predicted it to be dense, stiff and hard but it wasn't! What a fucking miracle from the gods, holy shit!

He smiled contently after knowing he wouldn't feel like he's been sleeping ontop of bricks for the whole night.

Curling up like a baby in the fetal position, he began to drift off to his own wonderland.

Shortly after, Vox emerged from the washing room and was greeted by the ever-so small looking boy sleeping on his couch.

It was pretty late, almost midnight by now and Vox needed to get sleep aswell. He and Shoto had shifts tomorrow so he's glad one of them was getting their beauty rest.

He slowly walked to the boy, seemingly looming over him before gently ushering his head up to bring a pillow underneath the boy's lavender locks. Also adding a crochet blanket ontop of the waiter before smiling contently of the perfect puzzle he may have made.

Such a cute little boy.