See ya, Chef!

"Wait wait- What!?" Shoto yelled in disbelief. No way his boss  was asking HIM to dance?! This felt unreal and it probably was. Shoto was probably dreaming, he thought. Pinching himself to later find out that he wasn't  dreaming and this was in fact real.

"Are you deaf, Shoto? Dance with me.. or have you finally admitted defeat?" He teased, still leaning in as he chuckled.

Defeat?? As if Shoto could ever be defeated. The purple haired boy rolled his eyes as he held a hand ontop of Vox's. He didn't know when, how or what will Vox do for the position of their dancing, so if his boss would actually initiate something, he had to be cautious since he was still hiding his dagger that was strapped on his shoulder blades.

Vox let out a small 'oh' as he watched his fingers intertwined with Shoto's. He finally got a closer look of the size difference between their fingers and all the way down to their palms. Even though they held hands briefly earlier, Vox never really had a close look of the image.

He watched as Shoto did a circular motion with his thumb as Vox's silver rings glistened.

The demon let out a 'so' with a brow raised before he felt a yank with his arm that the shorter boy held. His eyes were met with Shoto's indigo eyes and finally at his eye level.

"Sorry, I don't know how to dance boss." Shoto said in a bit of a frown. "—I should get to work so I can leave and so can you.. So!" And before continuing his sentence, he spun Vox over him. Standing on tippy-toes since the demon was a few inches taller yet Shoto managed.

Black raven locks just twirled around in the wind from the spin that was caused by Shoto.

The demon slayer finally let go of his hand that stayed glued to the chef for a while as he watched Vox stumble a bit but still gracefully taking balance and shooting back a smirk.

The demon was surprised to say the least. He didn't expect Shoto to start and quickly end their 'dance' but a dance is a dance nonetheless. Satisfaction grew in Vox before accepting the slayer's request.

"Okay, we can dance another time, my boy?" He said, dramatically bowing which caused Shoto to let out a small giggle and doing a curtsy back with his non-existent skirt.

"If you're so desperate, my prince then sure!!" Shoto said as he made little heart gestures with his hands, most likely another attempt to mock the demon even if it was subtle. Of course, Vox picked up in the tease but walked back to the couch.

The jazz music was still playing as the slayer saw it was about to be a quarter past 10. It was fucking late and he should get home to the guild before Mysta complains.

He starts cleaning at a bit of a faster pace now as he was finally done and the restaurant looked brand-new.

He dusted his hands and sighed, being very satisfied with himself as he looked at Vox for validation.

He chuckled. "It's great, Shoto. You'd make a great maid." Vox suggested, though Shoto took it on the more lewd approach than what the demon was probably implying..

"Heh— as if I'll be a maid! I'm too pretty to be one." He joked, he knew all maids were amazingly gorgeous and handsome but still wouldn't convince him to be one.
"I'm pretty content on being a waiter and plus! I'll always be able to get promoted to be a personal maid any time, right?" Shoto said as his voice got more submissive and lower.

He knew how to push Vox's buttons in no time and he was proud of that. But the demon wasn't going down without a challenge nor a struggle as he replied. "Yeah, well let's see how that'll look and maybe you'll even get some extra pay." He said in a smooth mellow voice.

Shoto scoffed before finally grabbing his bag. "Yeah cus I'm not getting extra pay for this excessive labor right now!"

"You made the little bet, not me, young man." He said in full honesty, he was right but Shoto wasn't ready to admit that just yet.

A puff was let out as Shoto finally left the building as Vox followed behind quickly and locking the place.

He twisted the key and heard a clack, signalling that it was finally locked and secured. "And that's how you lock doors." The demon said, moking when the slayer forgot to lock it once.

"That happened once  and you know that." Shoto spat back with furrowed brows.

Vox just chuckled. "Yeah, but we wouldn't want the bedroom door to be unlocked, would we?" He said in a mischievous tone, silently smirking behind Shoto.

The demon slayer didn't understand it for a while as he stood there for a hot minute, racking his brain on what the demon implied. It honestly was cute how Shoto was all bark and no bite, Vox found it amusing on how long the slayer took on figuring it out.

He finally pieced things together as he turned his whole body towards Vox, now facing the demon with a red flush over his cheeks, nose and ears. Like a little red road of blush plastered on his face.

"You did not just say that!" He yelled, his pitch getting higher each word he spoke out of his mouth. Balling his hands to fist, he seemed like he was gonna knock the chef out cold.

The demon barked out a laugh. Rolling his head inwards his chest and pressing his arms to his stomach. "You should've seen your face, my boy!" He managed to spit out while still laughing.

"Stopp! Don't look at me." Shoto said without any hesitation nor whimper in his voice. Like a lion trying to threaten a human but doing to little to now effect on the walking meatbag.

The slayer just grunted and groaned. "Whatever! I'm leaving you!" He declared, still watching as Vox laughed his ass off. "Well.. I'm glad  you're enjoying yourself." He said in a more disappointed defeated tone. Exactly how Uki said that to him when he endlessly laughed at the other purple haired boy whenever Uki said 'Woo!'

"Oh, little boy. I am enjoying myself, thank you." Vox said, wiping a tear away from his eye and flicking it off. A smile emerged his face but for some reason, he barely ever had a genuine smile. Usually always snarky or cocky. It ticked Shoto off.

The purple boy rolled his eyes before finally turning his back to face Vox, seems like he's gonna leave now. His boss said a little 'wait' before touching the boy's shoulder.

A 'hm?' was let out of Shoto. Why was his boss stopping him? It was late, did he want more with Shoto?

The slayer turned his head to the hand on his shoulder and then to Vox with seemingly floating question marks above his head.

"The keys." Vox said.

"The keys?" Shoto repeated to him, trying to understand him.

"Yes, idiot. The keys, you need them tomorrow, right? For your early labor." He said, dangling the keys infront of Shoto's face.

Shoto finally realized and oh'ed. "Oh yeah! Heh— Almost forgot about that, thanks!" He said with a smile before taking the keys and finally waving a goodbye to the chef. "See ya, chef!"

He walked on the side-walk as his mind quickly wanders. One thought never left him though.

Would he be going home late with Vox more often?