Just Vox being Vox

Shoto didn't do too much out of the ordinary. Simple waiter things, blahblahblah. Nothing remarkable to be honest. But one thing that was always unpredictable was Vox.

Even if he had the same job, same schedule, same everything! Vox always manages to fuck it up. Whether that be good or bad. If you don't understand what he's saying then I'll give an example.

Everything would be going smoothly if Vox  didn't chipper up earlier and tell an embarrassing story of Shoto! Now his head has been in the endless sky filled with clouds and made his job unnecessarily more annoying to deal with.

But there was also good times.. Like where he would make Shoto laugh until he felt like he was gonna pass away at that very moment. Or when they did their little teasing which never got too personal for anyone's liking so it didn't offend any of them.

It was like Shoto knew  what Vox would say and vice versa. It felt like he was talking to a more dominant version of Mysta which was a weird thought considering the Fox boy was a definite bottom.

Shoto was kinda aswell but that's a topic for another day, yeah?

He finally dusted the tables with a damp cloth as the restaurant finally looked ready to be closed and cleaned on for another day, most likely the next day.

Shoto took a huge sigh as he wiped his forehead with the back of his arm as he went out to change to his normal clothes. Nothing fancy, just a simple dull purple hoodie with a few designs of fire that shined bright with pink and white, and his black pants that went well with anything.

He likes things with hoods, that's why he has so much hoodies and jackets with that little extra cloth at the back for protection when he's flustered.

He walked out of the bathroom to be greeted with Vox waiting for him. He could've gone on without him yet he bothered to stay? It's either he's an idiot or a gentleman and Shoto picked the idiot route.

"Awww, you waited for me?" Shoto coo'ed at his boss. "I did, boy. Leaving you would be a foolish decision, what happens if some drunken fool were to annoy your lovely self?" Vox frowned a bit on the last words, making sadness and pity drip out of his voice like honey spilling onto bread.

Shoto scoffed. "I can handle myself, Vox." He proclaimed, snatching his backpack that was set on the couch with the book that he remembered Vox reading on that one night. "..But" The slayer continued on his sentence. "It would be a pain to deal with a drunk bastard all alone, I'd atleast want you there." He said, implying that Vox would suffer the same fate as him.

"Oh don't flatter yourself, big lad. You may look breedable but you're as fiesty as a rapid dog, you don't need me.." Vox trailed off, making eye contact with Shoto at his last lines.

He breath out. "..Unless you want me to be your owner?" He said in the deepest fucking tone he could ever muster his vocal chords doing.

And it sent shivers down Shoto's fucking spine.

He stared at Vox with eyes that were still processing what the fuck  Vox just fucking said infront of him.

He fluttered his eyes with a smile that radiated 'Vox, what type of dumb fuckery did you just mutter infront of me cause I swear to god, you're going to hell for that' type of look.

He finally took all the information in and if he had ears then it'd be noticable on how they would perk up in every slight confusion or realization the slayer ever had. Unfortunately, he was a human just "blessed" by the gods and not some sort of wolf hybrid thing like a Kitsune or something.

Isn't Kitsune a fox though? He should double-check it with Mysta. That boy is the closest to a fox as humanly possible. Almost makes him think he is one but just hiding as a human.

He stared at Vox with his lovingly hate-induced eyes. Shoto's ears shortly turning red after as he could've sworn the temperature got hotter or was it just him?

"I- Well then! You shouldn't flatter yourself! I wouldn't wanna be owned by you anyways." Shoto said, saying the last sentence in a more pouty manner which left Vox with incoherent words or noises in the end.

"Doesn't mean I shouldn't hope though, right?" The demon said quickly that if Shoto didn't pay attention then he would've missed it. "Don't get your hopes up, motherfucker.." He said, darting his eyes to the wet sidewalk.

His guild should be close. "Well- I think this is where we part ways, right? Get home safe." Shoto said, instantly waving off before a hand grabbed his.

"You don't want me to escort you to your humble abode?" He asked but his tone was making the question sound like a suggestion or even a demand.

Shoto really didn't want Vox to know about his demon slaying job- It was too risky but Vox was fucking persistent.

"No, Vox. I assure you, It's okay." The slayer smiled, half of it was genuine and the other was just a persisting smile to hint that he wants his boss to stop pestering him.

Gladly, Vox backed off. "Alright, another time then?"

Oh my fucking god- Is this motherfucker still persisting? God, this idiot.

"We'll see, ask me everyday and maybe you'll get a yes." He joked.

"Sure, alright.. I'll keep that in mind, thank you Shoto."

Wait- It was suppose to be a joke. He wasn't serious- Vox, wait-

The motherfucker already left- Ugh...Shoto caught himself in a situation he didn't want.

Great job, Shoto.