Ring Ring! Surprise!!

"RING RING RING. HELLO? I'M CALLING YOU, SHOTO." Shoto's ringtone went off.

God, he can't have a day without having to hear Mysta's stupid voice.

He checked his phone that kept repeating his best friend's voice saying 'DON'T IGNORE ME' over and over again as his ringtone. He didn't know why he kept it like that, maybe he was just too lazy to change it but he did remember making Mysta his tone for a dare they did in the guild.

Shoto answered the call. "SHOTOOO!!!" A familiar foxy voice yelled over the phone, maybe Shoto shouldn't have placed the phone so close to his ears..

"Mystaaaaa.. What is it..???" The demon slayer said in a lazy tone, his words and letters getting longer and longer. "Weeeell.. I have a surprise for you, Shou!" The detective said with faint giggling in the background.

Shoto just blinked in confusion. "A surprise?? Mysta, what are you on about?" His voice sounding more and more tired from his friend's bs lately.

"Nonono! Don't worry. You'll love the surprise, I promise!" He urged. It suddenly felt like Mysta was right behind Shoto, pushing and nudging him to come alongside him and his weird schemes.

The purple haired boy sighed. What shit did Mysta have in mind this time? Hasn't he suffered enough?? Hasn't he gotten what he deserved which was a mental crisis at the moment!? Whatever.. Shoto knew that the world would do anything and that means ANYTHING to fuck up his day.

"Okay okay.. I'll come, where's the place?"

Mysta's side went silent.

"Mysta? Hello?" Shoto spoke.

"Uh-"

Thinking it's just some prank shit Shoto was about to hang up until he heard another familiar voice.

"Hey Shou!" A higher pitched voice was heard behind the line. Was that.. Ike?

"Wait wait- Ike?-" Shoto asked to make sure but he was 100% sure that it was the one and only Ike Eveland. His coworker.

"Hello, Yes- It's me, Shou. Why don't we come and pick you up and take you here, mkay?" Okay. It was confirmed, it's motherfucking Ike. But why?? Why is he with Mysta? Out of all the people on the world THEY have to meet??

He needed a breather. He's going back to the guild house- It's too hot outside to think. "Yeah wait- I'm just going back inside- Why are you with Mysta??" He asked. Still as confused as ever, maybe even more confused after everything.

"Don't worry, I'll explain everything later but for now, we're gonna pick you up." His coworker said in a formal yet friendly tone which held no threat whatsoever, but Shoto felt very threatened at that moment.

Shit, wait- Did Mysta tell their address? Just how much did he say about Shoto exactly?? These questions were racing like lightning bolts in his mind. "Ike.. Can I speak to Mysta.?-" He asked, his voice getting a bit higher in pitch with each word he spoke through.

Affirmation was brought to the slayer from the chef as he handed the phone to sounds of laughter stopped with an 'oh'.

Shoto called for the detective's name in a stern tone which immediately caught the boy's attention.

"Did you tell them where we live?" He asked in a panic which caused Mysta to get the feeling that Shoto didn't want his friends to know about his main job. "No, that's why I called you cuz' I thought you were shitting and might not want people to come over when you're blasting shit out your ass." The detective said, as much as it sounded like a bad excuse- It was probably Mysta's thought process.

"Okay.. What about my other.. job?" He shuddered at his wording. 'Job' Yeah, job about killing demons that were no different from anyone else roaming this earth. Feels like an insult to call what he does his job. Getting paid for the sickest and most twisted ways which is murder. How can he be proud of himself at this point?

"Nope! I've just been talking about myself. I'll only talk about you if you're here so I can embarrass you, babe!" Mysta said innocently. As much as he may seem like a dick, Mysta knew when not to overshare which Shoto is heavenly grateful for.

"Okay- Why do you need to pick me up?? Why can't I just come over?"

"I dunno. I thought it'd be a better surprise but probably not. Just come to your workplace." The detective said, eating and crunching at some crackers while he talked. He seemed more laid back now.

"Oh okay- wait what? My workplace?-"

"Yup. Okay! Gotta go, Shou. SEE YA THERE, OKAY BYEEEEE!!!" The line went silent as it seemed like Mysta already hung up- What was he fucking up to??

-x-

Shoto was walking to the bus station, still thinking about everything. It kinda jumbled his mind in an overwhelming way. Like- why was Mysta with Ike? How was Mysta with Ike? Did Mysta bring more people other than himself and Ike???

His friend was always questionable, to the point it might even make Shoto cry from the amount of confusion he gets daily. He still loves him though, some days are just harder to endure than some.

He looks out of the bus window before he got a notification from an unknown number.

Shoto grumbles. Who the fuck is this random stranger texting him?

Unknown Number
'Hey Shou. Are you almost here?'

Should he reply? How do they know his name? Did he give his number to someone he didn't know?- Goddamnnit! Even more questions were bubbling up and Shoto hated it.

Shoto
'Who are you.'

This could just be some sick stalker but who would stalk Shoto to this extent? It's not like his fanbase would be this obsessive, all he did was stream and play games- no need to get all inlove when he was just a normal dude in the Twitch platform.

The messenger replied to clear up Shoto's suspicions.

Unknown Number
'Oh, do you not recognize me? It's me, Vox.'

Oh wait what? It's Vox? How'd he get hold of his number??

Shoto
'Huh wait- Are you with Mysta and Ike rn?'

Unknown Number
'Yeah, heard you were coming so I asked Mysta for your number to make sure you're coming here safetly.'

Shoto scoffed, what was he? A little girl to Vox or something? How dumb.

Shoto
'I'm not some sort of princess yk. Thank you though- I'm almost there dw.'

Vox Akuma
'Alright, can't wait to see you Shou.'

Shoto didn't know whether to reply or leave his boss on read.

He cared enough to reply.

Shoto
'Same here, see ya soon.'