Dance with Me

-Until Shoto heard some calming jazz music out of the mini speakers in the restaurant. He never really noticed it since he usually payed attention to the costumers and not the surrounding areas but now that he was alone with Vox, he finally had the time to appreciate the design.

Ironic if he was honest, he cleaned in the morning and at night for him to barely notice little details of the layout of the restaurant. He looked over as music trickled through his ears. He noticed that there was also a jukebox in the corner of the room alongside a mini bar.

Huh, this "restaurant" seemed more like a party club if he was checking in all the factors of a night club. He stared at Vox who was pleasantly reading his book. Seemed to be a novel of sorts, looked old and probably something about history.

He saw how Vox's hands gripped the red velvet book that had little book marks popping out of some pages. If Shoto looked close enough, he swore he saw the name "Shu" and "Ike" on some of the book marks.

He laughed to himself, was Vox reading it with Ike and Shu? Or did they just have a hobby of making silly little colorful book marks for Vox's past-time which was reading.

Nonetheless, he was certain that the book marks told some sort of friendship story with them, maybe Shoto could ask them about it. It seemed like a good conversation starter and a good way to tease Vox if the others didn't know that he kept the little book marks.

He was so focused on staring at the demon that he quickly forgot what he was doing. He stood still, holding his broom with two hands on the long handle and facing sideways to Vox but his head turned to his direction.

Vox finally took notice of Shoto before eyeing the man and finally turning his head to also meet eyes with the demon slayer. He raised an eyebrow with more of a playful look instead of a confused one and gave a smirk.

"Anything caught your eye?" He asked, suggesting that he was the one that caught Shoto's eyes which wasn't all that wrong. Vox almost seemed like a figment of his own imagination, you know? The 'too good to be true' type of guy.

Shoto jolted before instantly looking away and staring at his broom. "Hah- nothing, the music just caught me off guard so I was just searching the room for them!" He made up the excuse, duh. Rather proud to be honest, the excuse wasn't so half bad compared to his slamming hammers of a 'excuse.'

The demon hummed, still looking at Shoto before closing his eyes briefly and going back to his book. "The speakers are right infront of you, Shoto but I'll accept that excuse." Well fuck! Guess his excuse wasn't so good afterall.

Shoto looked infront of him to be greeted with the speakers nearby so there was no excuse for that now- He gripped his broom tighter as he looked down at the ground. Compiling himself while taking a sigh, he went back to cleaning.

The jazz music was smooth, it was something you'd listen to if you wanted some calm atmosphere at an event. A few trumpets could even be heard every now and then from the song. Most of them were instrumentals and barely had any lyrics which made the enviroment be more quiet?

In a way, it was hard for Shoto to explain but even if there was music it still had a sense of quietness and tenderness that floated around the atmosphere. It was nice, it gave a warm fuzzy feeling in his heart. Seemed rather romantic. Kinda.

He continued sweeping, though it was slower than usual since the music set a tone of how he felt like he should've been cleaning. Busting some small subtle moves like tapping his feet up to his heel and snapping his fingers with occasionally bopping his head up and down and shaking his hips just a bit.

He was getting the groove of things! Shoto chuckled to himself as he thought of how stupid he probably looked but he was enjoying it so what's the harm? He was just glad that Vox wasn't staring-

He turned over to check the demon with a filthy smug smirk plated on his face as his eyes narrowed, eyeing Shoto from a distance on the couch. Fuck, of course he had to be the one staring.

Shoto quickly stopped dancing and stood straight with an A+ posture. He could feel his cheeks burn from the embarrassment.

Vox just raised an eyebrow before closing his book but keeping his index finger inside so he doesn't lose what he was reading. He flicked his hand up, gesturing for the demon slayer to keep on dancing as he spoke. "So? What are you waiting for? You were dancing so well." The demon said, still not taking his eyes off Shoto.

Shoto just stared with rage and heat emerged from his body. He could strangle the man right now! And not in the kinky way. "No way in hell!" He yelled, pouting his lips and almost dropping the wooden sweeper from his hands.

Vox just laughed, placing his book on the glass table as he walked over to Shoto.

Shoto didn't know whether to feel threatened or honored. Maybe both, I mean- he just made his boss stand up for him so that boosted his already egotistical mind a bit.

The demon finally infront of Shoto gestured for his broom which Shoto complied and handed it over to him. He tilted his head and asked. "What are you doing..?" He watched as Vox placed the sweeper to a table as it balanced there. "You do know that that isn't its proper place, chef-" He said, it almost wounded the demon that Shoto believed he was this dumb.

"You don't have to call me chef outside of work, Shoto." He said.

Shoto tilted his head, eyes wandering upwards and a little pout. "We're still technically in work soo-" He reasoned out which caused the demon to roll his eyes and face palm.

Vox sighed. He finally reached out his hand as his other arm was behind his back. Vox definitely looked like a prince right now and anyone would agree. "Now.." The demon breathed.

The tension was weirdly unbearable for Shoto as he wanted Vox to finally spit it out.

"Care for a dance?"

What.