A Turning Point

Running through muddy waters and creeky forest, Shoto could only hope the reward for this comission was a hefty amount. Busting his stupid ass for some stupid demon bitch that reminded him of that other demon bitch. Long story short, he hates demons.

Treading near water, he finally caught eye of the girl. She looked exactly like her flyer did but in a more.. unreal way? It was nerving to say the least for Shoto. Even if it wasn't the demon, it still fueled a burning hate and passion within the look alike.

Her hair in a pony tail as the breeze of winter turning to spring was pastered on their skin. A sigh was heard.

"So stupid. Humans are so stupid- stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!! Uagh!" She groaned more and more, repeating insulting words to the same species that Shoto was. She probably didn't know Shoto was here.

The demon picked at grass with her fist as she screamed to her heart's content. "GODDAMN IDIOTS!" Shaking her head more and more, Shoto swore he saw some tears forming. And he wasn't wrong. The demon broke down to full sobs, clasping their face with the palms of their hands.

"It's not fair!" She yelled over and over.

Not fair?
All Shoto could think was.. Not fair? It wasn't fair when he was picked to be bleesed by the gods. It wasn't fair when Bakumori burned down to literal fucking ashes. It wasn't fair that Ether died instead of him!

Nothing was fair and he knew that in every sick way possible.

He scoffed. "Not fair? Please, fuck off." The slayer said, finally emerging after hiding so long behind the bushes and trees. His walk was menacing. Dark indigo eyes that shined under the moon's light as a hood was draped ontop of his purple locks of hair.

"H-huh? W-who are you!?" She yelled back, quickly stumbling to stand up to face the slayer. Eyes still filled with wallowing tears, she hissed at him with anger.

As much as a one liner would be such a badass moment right now, Shoto refrained from doing it. "Shoto, and you?"

The long haired demon comtemplated to genuinely tell her name. But she was gonna kill this boy in the end so what's the point? He should atleast know who's his beautiful killer.

"Hana. I'm Hana." She stated, sniffing back her tears to appear more threatening and puffing up her chest.

Shoto smiled, eyes closing in the process as he gave the most soft yet sadistic smile a man could ever conjure. Lifting up his blade towards his face, he spoke. "Ah, I see." Those words and those actions already sent a shiver down Hana's fucking spine.

"H-hey- why do you have that dagger.." She asked, her voice becoming smaller and smaller each word she let out. Fiddling with her hands and fingers, picking off dead skin while she's at it. Is she really a powerful demon?? She's so meek and fragile. Shoto probably got the wrong one-

"Isn't it obvious? I'm gonna kill you." Shoto just said bluntly, the sadistic smile turning to a frown of confusion.

"Wait wait! No, don't kill me! I haven't done anything wrong!!" She yelped, hands waving left and right as if they helped her with justifying herself.

"But, you killed people..? How is that doing nothing wrong?"

The demon shivered. "B-because.. I was never the one.. killing them,.." She said in a voice so hoarse that it seemed like she was gonna break down. Stroking the ends of her hair, Shoto just got even more confused.

"Huh- but people have seen you in the acts of these murders- are you delusional!?" He yelled, half of him wanted to kill her so the confusion ends but the other half of him feels like there's more to this than what he originally thought.