Two loners at prom- Jakewon

"Won, we're gonna go dance for a second, you'll be okay?" Sunoo asked, holding Nikis hand. Jungwon just smiled and nodded. He didn't really want to be alone but he knew his friends wanted time for each other so he just let them.

Sunoo thanked him and they left him without saying another word. Jungwon decided to go find something to do since he was alone. There wasn't much you could do at prom, especially when you're alone. Jungwon never really wanted to come because he knew his friends would want to be with each other and he didn't really know anyone else, but they dragged him here anyways.

He just went outside after not finding anyone to talk to or anything to do. It was too crowded anyways. He stood by the entrance and just took in the cool breeze that passed through.

He would of much rather be doing this than dancing around with a bunch of people. Suddenly he heard a fake cough, making him look beside him where the cough came from.

There was a dark-haired brunette standing there smiling at him. "Hi."

"Um..Hi." Jungwon said awkwardly.

"Why are you out here? The proms inside not out here." The guy said, chuckling.

"Oh yeah I know, I just wanted to be out here instead." Jungwon answered. He didn't really like meeting new people but he didn't want to be rude.

"Ahh makes sense. It's noisy in there. I'm Jake by the way." Jake said. Jungwon nodded in agreement and looked back in front of him.

"I'm Jungwon. Did you get ditched too?"

"Yep, I didn't really wanna come but my friend Sunghoon made me. I think he wanted me to talk to his cousin so he wouldn't be alone but he ditched me too."

Jungwon laughed at that, making Jake laugh too. "Yeah it's pretty funny."

"Sorry, that's really messed up." Jungwon looked back at him.

"I'm actually kind if glad he did, he was strange. He had this weird accent because he came from America or whatever. But his Korean was so off it was hilarious."

Jungwon chuckled, "Wow, maybe you were supposed to help him. Did you?"

"Oh..I didn't I just kept laughing at him. No wonder he ditched me!" Jake covered his face in embarrassment.

"It's okay, he'll probably forgive you." Jungwon smiled at him.

"I hope. I'm such a terrible and mean person." Jake sighed.

"Well, do you want to do something then?" Jungwon asked. He wanted to have fun and being at prom wasn't fun for him. Plus Jake seemed to want someone to hang out with too.

"Yeah sure. What do you want to do?"

"Well, there's this amusement park I really wanted to go to instead but my friends wanted to be here." Jungwon explained, hoping Jake would want to go.

"YES. PLEASE CAN WE? I love amusement parks. I didn't know one was happening now!" Jake shouted excitedly. Jungwon chuckled and nodded, "Yeah let's go!"

"We have to make this the best night ever." Jake said as they walked off toward the bus stop.

"For sure." Jungwon nodded in agreement.

*************************************

They arrived to the amusement park just as it had opened up. There was already a bunch of people but they didn't mind. They were distracted by how beautiful the rides looked lit up.

"What do you wanna do first?" Jungwon asked Jake as they walked alongside each other.

"Hmm..I don't know..should we do something calm first or something intense?" Jake asked looking around at their options.

"Something intense definitely. This has to be the best night remember?" Jungwon smiled.

"Right, of course. This is gonna be so fun." Jake looked at the big rides in amazement.

They road the most intense and scariest rides first. The whole time Jake would scream which made the experience better for Jungwon because he would just laugh at him. After they finished the last ride, they decided to take a break.

"Lets eat ice cream! I'll pay." Jake said with excitement. He had spotted the ice cream truck from one of the rides and wanted to try some.

"Yeah, then I'll buy us funnel cakes after." Jungwon said.

"Oo let's have the funnel cakes first and then eat the ice cream while we go on the ferris wheel." Jake suggested. "Plus, I heard that they're doing fireworks later and it'll be so cool to see them from up there."

"True! Let's do that then."

Jungwon bought them their funnel cake, which they shared just one because they knew they couldn't finish their own plate. They found a bench to sit down at and ate their food.

"I'm having so much fun." Jungwon said, his mouth full. Jake laughed at how adorable he looked with his cheeks fluffed up.

"Me too. I feel like we should have met sooner, then we could always have fun like this." Jake stated.

"Yeah, seriously."

They finished up their food while having small talk to get to know each other better. They learned a lot from each other and agreed to be friends from now on.

"Oh hyung we better hurry before we miss the fireworks."

Jake nodded and they threw away their trash quickly. They quickly grabbed their ice cream and then ran to the ferris wheel before the line got too long.

"HAHAH I BEAT YOU." Jake shouted looking behind him. Before he knew it, he landed face first on the ground, ruining his ice cream.

Jungwon stopped and laughed before helping him. "Yeah great job hyung."

Jake grinned, "It happens a lot."

They then just decided to share Jungwons ice cream because Jakes was demolished.

Jungwon chuckled and they made their way to the ferris wheel line. They got on the ride, going all the way to the top. They were at the perfect spot to where they could see the fireworks.

"And now we wait."

They both looked towards the sky, waiting and taking in the silence while finishing up the ice cream.

After a few moments, different colored lights filled the sky. Jungwons eyes went wide in amazement, "Woah they look so cool up here, you were right hyung."

"Hehe I know, it's definitely life changing." Jake smiled in happiness. Jungwon nodded and laid his head on Jakes shoulder, yawning. He felt so tired after how much they did in one night.

"Thank you, hyung. I thought this was gonna be the worst night."

"You're welcome." Jake rested his head on Jungwons and they continued watching the beautiful lights, grateful for how this night had turned out.