Chapter 13

GREY

Caera's lips pressed against mine, it should've felt bad. I was kissing a 13 year old girl after all, but it felt... nice? I wanted to push her away but my body wouldn't move. I stared into her ruby eyes, I couldn't keep my gaze away from them.

Caera then pushed herself off of me, "S-Sorry," She said, completely flustered.

"I-Its ok, I-I know it was just an accident," I replied. I turned away to avoid making eye contact with Caera.

What will happen to me? Will I be arrested? Sure, I'm physically 13 but I'm mentally in my 40's. No, Grey, no one knows your age, you're fine.

I felt my face heat up. I turned back to Caera to see she was touching her lips with her finger. She must be so angry I took her first kiss from her. To whatever higher beings are watching me, screw you for putting me into this situation.

"Caera."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for taking your first kiss from you," I said sincerely. Caera's eyes went wide, "Don't be, I'm not angry. In fact, I'm happy it was you who took it," Caera replied.

I turned to her shocked," Why? I took something that was important to you right?"

"Yes, but I also took yours, right? Plus, at least it was you, my first friend." Caera smiled.

"Friend," Why did that word hurt me so much? Caera is my friend, a true friend even. She helped me adjust to life here in Alacrya and even got me into school. Why would her calling me just a friend hurt. It was almost as if I was yearning for more, I wanted something more than a friend. But what does it mean?

"Anyway, it's getting late. We should probably go to bed, " I suggested.

Caera seemed to pout at the mention of going to bed but luckily Nessa came in and got Caera to go to bed. I lay down on my bed, thoughts of what happened today. From Caera feeding me with her fork, to asking me my opinion on clothes to karaoke to finally the kiss.

Why can't my life just be easy?

CAERA DENOIR

My first kiss. I had just lost my first kiss to Grey. And because of an accident of all the reasons. I wanted it to be passionate, full of emotion and purpose. Not the result of my own clumsiness. I wasn't mad that I lost it to Grey though, in fact, it felt nice knowing it was him.

Grey's eyes were wide and shocked. I stared into them for what felt like ages. I don't know how long the kiss lasted but neither of us moved for a while, my hands were now on Grey's chest. I pushed myself back up off of Grey. "S-Sorry," I said, completely flustered.

"I-It's ok, I-I know it was just an accident," replied Grey as he avoided my gaze, I could see the tips of his ears were tomato red.

I put my finger on my lip feeling where I kissed Grey, it was a feeling I never wanted to forget. I wonder, will it be like this in the future? Will I be able to kiss Grey whenever I want? I hope so, this is a nice feeling.

"Caera."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for taking your first kiss from you," said Grey sincerely. Is this how Grey saw this? Does he think I'm mad?

"Don't be, I'm not angry. In fact, I'm happy it was you who took it," I replied with a smile to let him know I was telling the truth.

Grey turned to me, shocked. ," Why? I took something that was important to you right?"

"Yes, but I also took yours, right? Plus, at least it was you, my first friend." I continued to smile, genuine happiness was overflowing within me.

"Anyway, it's getting late. We should probably go to bed," Grey suggested, still red.